Turner & Townsend are a construction consultancy, working on various construction projects in the private and public sector. We work with our clients to use technology smarter, to better plan and manage the design, construction, and operation of their built assets using technology as an enabler.
We also advise on best-fit, future-proofed technology hardware, software, network, IoT solutions and smart building systems - delivering cost effective integrated approaches. And we can provide specialist services such as data centre moves and migration, temporary sensor installations IT project management and IT solution assuranceJob Description
We typically sit between our clients and the constructions teams to drive the development and integration of:
- Fibre & Copper structured cabling solutions
- Intelligent building systems
- Wireless networking,
- Audio video and collaboration technologies
- IoT and 5G
- End user technologies
- Data centres
- Comms room development
Our Connected Assets & IoT service line has a vacancies for consultants to work with clients to develop, strategies and implement advanced disruptive technologies into the built environment.Main Responsibilities
We are always on the lookout for bright, talented and motivated technical consultants to work on large scale, complex technology projects.
To IncludeKey Accountabilities
- As a technology consultant you will provide support on major IT Programme and Commercial Management Commissions, taking responsibility for all aspects of technology service delivery. You will ensure client objectives are met and that projects are delivered on schedule, within cost targets and meet the appropriate quality standards.
- You will need to be able to work in partnership with our clients to advise on how technology can help overcome business challenges. You will be expected to push the boundaries of technology and stretch the imagination of our clients by developing with them, the best in class, most flexible and future proofed solutions. You can then articulate the solution to audiences of both business and technical decision makers.
- You will work on commissions of varying sizes and complexity, engage with stakeholders to manage design and coordination within the construction programme.
- You will embed yourself within the design team to drive the technology vision, provide strategy development, specification creation, cost models development, heat output calculations and more. Most of our projects require technology delivery to be aligned to RIBA plan of work.
- Supporting clients with vision and strategy development
- Taking a leading role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Helping to establish the overall success criteria for the programme, including all projects, time, cost, technical and performance parameters
- Identifying and ensuring that the appropriate stakeholders are aware of quality, safety, health and environment issues
- Establishing effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilised throughout project
- Project planning, including producing the detailed project plan
- Leading and facilitating the overall cross-functional project teams
- Managing the flow of project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications
- Managing the IT change control process
- Monitoring and advising upon project finances
- Preparing formal project progress and other reports
- Have a working understanding of IT procurement and process in a construction/ refurbishment environment
- Capable of schedule management of IT and IT related installations including AV, voice, cabling and building systems.
- New business sales - identify and qualify opportunities to assist clients with their technology consultancy need
Nice to have
- Experience working as a project manager delivering integrated technology solutions
- Ability to quickly master technical concepts, processes, details, and skills, and be able to effectively communicate them to a wide variety of audience
- Resourceful problem-solver, leveraging internal and partner resources where and when needed to do what's right for the customer and for the organization
- Strong technical knowledge
- Excellent communication skills to include verbal, written and presentation
- Ability to engage stakeholders and build relationships
- Experience delivering smart building and IoT systems
- Knowledge of MS Azure IoT Cloud & AWS cloud services
- Experience writing bid responses and presenting ideas in interview
- Knowledge of RIBA plan of work
- Security Cleared
Remuneration will be dependent on experience and qualifications but the package will consist of an attractive base salary plus benefits.
We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.