I am currently supporting a friendly and supportive secondary school, based in Welwyn Garden City Hertfordshire. The school is looking to add a Teacher of Geography to its progressive and supportive Department ideally for an ASAP start.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious Teacher of Geography to join our team of committed staff who share a common sense of purpose and high expectations of what students can achieve.
They will have excellent subject knowledge and is able to contribute to continued improvements in progression and student attainment.
The team promotes critical thinking skills, resilience and empathy through their teaching and delivery of a broad and balanced curriculum that is designed with future geographers in mind.
* To plan and prepare courses and lessons as required
* To deliver at Key Stage 3 -5
* To teach students including setting and marking work
* To assess, record and report on the development, progress and attainment of students
* To provide guidance and advice to students on educational and social matters, further education and careers and be a personal tutor if required
* To communicate with and consult parents of students
* To participate in arrangements for performance review and staff development activities, management and administrative activities.
* To maintain discipline and safeguard the health and safety of students
* To attend meetings, provide cover and participate in arrangements for examinations.