CANTO was established in 1992 to provide training and personal development for individuals with Learning Difficulties and/or Behavioural Issues. Over this period of time we have become recognised as a specialist provider, particularly with young people with medium to severe learning difficulties.
Our mission statement is: To work effectively and co-operatively with individuals who live with challenges arising from learning, behavioural, emotional and social difficulties, to progress their personal development, abilities, skills and qualifications. Staff are required to be in tune with our mission statement and keep it in focus at all times when undertaking their role.
Sessions are undertaken in functional skills, practical projects, drama, art, music, cooking, animal care, gardening, ICT and other activities aimed at building independence, developing social and personal skills.
Students also undertake work placements both at our work centre and in external companies.
Staff also plan activity days and community placements to further enhance their learning experience and helping them to reach their potential.
DUTIES WOULD INCLUDE
* To prepare drinks at break times for students.
* To assist with the set up of and produce a simple lunch menu each day for students and staff
* Adhere to and maintain local authority requirements regarding standards in a serving kitchen.
* To prepare refreshments for visitors as required.
* To maintain a clean kitchen and canteen area after break times.
* To clean fridges, cookers, microwaves and other kitchen goods as required.
This position is subject to an acceptable enhanced DBS check.
Candidates should be:
* Able to adopt the CANTO ethos and be committed to work with people with learning difficulties and assisting them in reaching their potential.
* Able to proactively promote the ethos through maintaining a positive learning environment.
* A team player
* Flexible in their approach to fit in with constantly changing timetables.
* Able to generate mutual respect between both learners and staff.
* Have experience of working in a training environment and in particular in the specified area of delivery
Candidates would ideally:
* Have experience of working with people with learning difficulties.
* Hold relevant food hygiene certificates
Monday to Friday 8am - 3.00pm with ½ lunch break.
52 weeks per year with 4 weeks annual leave, plus Christmas shutdown and bank holidays.
Salary to be discussed at interview