We are currently recruiting on behalf of one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world! Our client focuses on margining the Supply Chain remit, and has successfully improved the quality and lowered the cost of pharmaceutical care to patients.
They are looking for a talented Senior Data Engineer, who will be responsible for data strategy, design and execution in support of all business functions.
This capability will drive better management of data to enable optimal use and analytical insight to support a wide range of strategic and operational business decision processes. The benefit of this role will be in driving business growth, reducing waste and supporting automation though the use of appropriate data/information.
This role will work in collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders to provide data management, expertise and support the ongoing demand for new or enhanced data sets.Responsibilities
- Work across the development lifecycle from prototyping, to delivering production data solutions to resolving data issues with the business users
- Manage and lead matrix team members and third parties in the execution of data workstreams or data projects
- Lead the development of data transformation using multiple technologies (SQL, Snowflake, Snaplogic, Talend, APIs etc); leveraging agile methodologies
- Support strategic initiatives; design, build and support data solutions conducive to business insights, reporting and analytics
- Designing and implementing ETL / ELT processes
- Monitoring performance and advising on any necessary infrastructure changes
- Defining and managing data retention policies
- Defining, managing and implementing data security policies
- Assist in the development of team, departmental, and organisation metrics to analyse business performance and identify areas of opportunity
- Collaborate with all team members to problem solve and create solutions
- Proficient in building batch processing data pipelines using Python and SQL to ETL
- Experience using SAS technologies
- Data Warehousing Experience (e.g. Kimball / Inmon approach)
- Experience with database technologies and concepts, such as Snowflake
- Experience with ETL technologies and frameworks (e.g. Snaplogic, Alteryx, SSIS)
- Knowledge of cloud services, such as AWS, Azure and GCP
- An understanding of CI/CD
- Experience in project management within an agile framework