- Originates project opportunities and develops a pipeline of battery storage projects in UK, both stand-alone and co-located with PV
- Leads deal structuring and commercial negotiations with local developers for the acquisition of brownfield or 'ready-to-build' projects or for greenfield development engagements
- Effectively and professionally manages relationships with external stakeholders, including development partners, public entities (state, regional and local), legal and technical advisors, etc.
- Drives progress on the projects by coordinating different work-streams with other internal departments ( e.g. Project Finance, Engineering, Legal, Sales, etc.)
- Ensures economic viability of projects / pipeline opportunities (using the financial model and taking ownership on assumptions)
- Significantly contributes to the definition of the company strategy in UK and leads its execution
- Keeps himself/herself fully informed on key market developments and industry news/events in order to quickly identify business opportunities
- Proven experience in the following areas:
a) Greenfield Development - Deep understanding of 'greenfield' development process for battery storage and renewable generation in UK. Good knowledge of associated business development costs.
b) Brownfield and M&A Processes - Proven track record on buy-side project acquisition processes ( e.g. NDA, exclusivity, LOI, MOUs, SPA, SHA, etc.), including deal and contracts negotiation
Skills & Competencies
- Experience with complex financial modelling (esp. non-recourse financing)
- Power Markets - Has a good understanding of the UK power markets in terms of rules, daily mechanics, key regulatory stakeholders, key players, etc.
- Battery Storage Technology - Demonstrated deep knowledge of battery storage photovoltaic technology and costs ( e.g., modules , BOS, EPC, O&M). Knowledge of PV and ancillary technologies (e.g., hybrids, T&D networks) a plus.
- Corporate Environment - Fully accustomed to work in an international corporate environment, strictly following internal processes, respecting compliance policies, etc.
Education & Training Languages
- Takes ownership and 'gets things done' independently
- Always delivers high-quality outputs, always on time
- Communicates clearly, effectively, to-the-point. Understands executive communication
- Superior coordination and facilitation capabilities, both with internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- True team-player, understands the power of team collaboration
- Used to work under pressure, meeting tight deadlines in a very demanding environment