Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors.
Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
Our teams are located around the world. This enables us to stay closely connected with customers and the markets and sectors we cover. Collectively this allows us to offer a compelling combination of global commodity analysis with detailed local market knowledge.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us:
We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our "returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We've been recognized by Forbes as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk's Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.Job Description
Do you want to work for a global organization where data is at the heart of everything we do? Are you passionate about data models? Are you excited about providing customers with the data they'll rely on to navigate the changing energy and natural resources landscape?
We are looking for an architectural Data Modeller to become a highly influential member of our data organisation - working across our business to ensure our data is ready for our world-class products.
This role will involve implementing business and IT data requirements through new data strategies and designs across all data platforms (relational, dimensional, and NoSQL).
QualificationsAbout you and how you can excel in this role:
- Working with business and solution teams to develop and implement data strategies, build data flows, and develop conceptual, logical and physical data models
- Defining and creating an enterprise common data model as a key part of the information management system
- Defining and governing data modelling and design standards including tools, best practices, and related development for enterprise data models.
- Hands-on modelling, design, configuration, installation, performance tuning, and sandbox POC development.
- Working proactively and independently to address project requirements and articulate issues/challenges to reduce project delivery risks.
- Developing and implementing quality metrics to ensure compliance to an enterprise data model
You are comfortable being responsible for the development of the conceptual, logical, and physical data models, the implementation of RDBMS, operational data store (ODS), data marts, and data lakes on target platforms and databases (SQL/NoSQL).
You are passionate about overseeing and governing the expansion of existing data architecture and the optimization of data query performance via best practices. You are able to work independently and collaboratively.Knowledge & Experience
- A Bachelor or Masters degree in computer/data science or related experience
- Hands-on experience of relational, dimensional, and/or analytic data management tools, including RDBMS, dimensional, NoSQL data platform technologies, and ETL and data ingestion protocols
- Experience working with data warehouses, data lakes, and enterprise big data platforms in multi-data-centre contexts
- Experience reverse engineering data models based on existing relational schemas or application models.
- Good knowledge of metadata management, data modelling, and related tools.
- Able to work in a matrix structure in a highly collaborative manner- essential as part of your work with stakeholders in the wider data team, our research teams and development teams.
- Interest in the Energy and Natural Resources industry
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Consumer Privacy Notice