Solutions Architect - Distributed Antenna Systems Reading - 3 days Week, 2 Days from homePermanent Up to 80k + 10% Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Our client is a leading international Telecommunication Infrastructure Business who connect millions of people every day and a at the heart of the country's 5G rollout as the demand for ultra-fast connection accelerates. Their infrastructure is helping the UK to navigate Brexit, recover from the COVID-19 crisis and reduce digital inequality. They provide high-speed connectivity for sports stadiums, shopping centres, railways, ports and even in the air.
By joining the organisation and focussing on Distributed Antenna Systems, you will lead on the development of this aspect of the solutions portfolio.MAIN FUNCTIONS
- Qualifies customer cases and designs customer tailored DAS solutions in close co-operation with the local solutions, sales and international teams.
- Fully understand all MNO technical requirements (technologies, frequencies, sectorisation, passive/active components, mechanical, electrical etc) for the various radio coverage solutions for DAS solutions that the business offers, deploys and will develop.
- To carry out or oversee (vendors) radio design activities utilising radio planning tools such as iBWave primarily for in-building solutions.
- Ownership of the end to end solution including radio engineering, design, implementation and optimisation (walk testing included using for example TEMS & NEMO).
- Prepares customer presentations and technical tender documents. Supports the sales and commercial team in the negotiation process and the project bid preparation phase, particularly in terms of technical scope, delivery time and risk mitigation.
- Leads the technical design phase through either creating the designs or through the use of suppliers. Provides technical support throughout the delivery of the solution, engaging with all technical teams to ensure the solution is delivered as designed and meets the customer use case requirements. Manages high quality and timely provisioning of technical deliverables.
- Demonstrates a "can-do" working style with analytical approach.
The ideal candidate will have:
- We are looking for a key DAS Solution Architect that:
- Has a successful track record in designing and delivering DAS solutions in the network domain to support customers use cases.
- Is aware of the influences on the solution for Neutral Host DAS designs.
- Will be responsible for supporting local sales in defining the technical aspects of the customer's solution.
- Has demonstrable experience in designing customer tailored network architecture based on pre-defined product portfolio and customer needs and environment.
- Is familiar with 4G LTE and understands the principles of 5G advantages.
- Will deliver high quality results to facilitate superior customer experience from Pre-Sales to Delivery phases.
- Experience in technical design and with experience of technical support positions.
- The commitment to follow deadlines and to provide high quality outputs through the life cycle of a DAS design; from initial engagement with customers to understand the technical scope, the support for the technical aspects of the sales process and the design and delivery of the solution once business is awarded.
Our Client is a highly effective, multidisciplinary team of 400+ employees (1600+ globally). They promote personal and professional development, customer orientation, teamwork and innovation, without losing sight of there commitment to sustainability. At the same time, they provide there customers with technological excellence and social and human progress by offering tools that can bridge the digital gap. They recognise that each individual plays a fundamental role in there success, which is why they invest in personal growth from day one: providing a tailored development plan for every employee along with e-learning and assistance programmes to help them reach their goals.