Due to the continued expansion of our team, we have an opportunity available for a Technical Support Engineer to join a long-established company at the top of its industry. If you are a motivated self-starter, enjoy doing technical work, helping people, solving complex issues, you could be what we are looking for.
Ideally located near a Catapult Centre, North Bristol/Gloucestershire, Coventry or South Yorkshire though other areas may be considered for the right candidate.Main Duties:
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Run training courses, both in our facilities and customer sites
- Handle technical support phones and e-mails, answer general questions/enquires in efficient/timely/professional manner
- Create files for customer delivery
- Create materials and present at conferences and trade shows
- Knowledge of machine tools and machine tool mechanisms
- Recent knowledge and use of a CAD/CAM system and VERICUT
- Ability to hand write CNC code, especially Siemens and/or Heidenhain
- C++, python or other programming skills and experience
- Proficient use of Microsoft Windows and Office products
- Enjoy frequent travel, often at short notice to customers in the UK and beyond, nights away from home are often necessary.
- Experience of automated composites processes and/or CNC post processing
- Have the ability to work alone and effectively project manage workload for multiple tasks
- Be self-sufficient, make own travel arrangements, organise appointments etc.
- Have excellent communication skills at all levels from machine shop to boardroom.
- Be able to create and present at user meetings, training classes and assist sales and marketing.
- Be able to create clear, concise written instructions, i.e. "method" docs for projects, e-mails etc.
We offer a range of benefits including; company pensions scheme, private health insurance, travel insurance, competitive salary and above average holiday entitlement.