Competitive day rate
Home working Client Details
Higher Education Description
Responsible for the delivery of the communications strategy through the coordination of communications and engagement activities to support and enhance our reputational reach and relevance, and operational management of communications services delivered to partner departments. This is underpinned by extensive audience insight and evaluation.
- With the team develop the oragnisations "voice" - one that communicates inwardly to the community, and outwardly promotes the organisation to the wider world;
- Managing communications business partnering with key professional service departments/projects - ensuring alignment of institutional communications priorities, campaigns and aims with institutional priorities;
- Provide strategic input where appropriate to shape and plan the communications priorities and objectives of the wider organisation;
- Responsibility for supporting crisis communications management led by the Director of Corporate Communications.
- Oversight of annual content management plan creation and delivery for staff audience;
- Measurement and evaluation of communications activities and channels engagement;
- Relationship building with key stakeholders such as Heads of Department in order to track needs and priorities, and source key strategic content;
- Proactive development of networks with co-teams responsible for social media, media relations, student communications and community communications to ensure coordination and dissemination of messages, as well as the sharing of common narrative and techniques across the institution
- Manage communications projects or campaigns to support key strategic objectives - such as employer brand and regional engagement, within an assigned budget, motivating and developing the team to deliver results. Work closely with wider marketing, communications and insight team members and senior managers where necessary, collaborating with key stakeholders on certain projects but also to report successes and recommendations for change.
- With the Director of Corporate Communications, develop an ambitious implementation plan for the institutional communications strategy, incorporating staff communications and employer brand to increase brand awareness and recognition for the University with its varying audiences.
- Ensure audience/channels insight and evaluation is systematically developed through research and analysis and applied and shared to inform and improve the reach, resonance of communications.
- Experience of managing a team in PR, communications or marketing in a large and complex organisation.
- Experience of planning and delivering effective communications and marketing campaigns, including the creation of objectives, audience insight mapping and segmentation, channel and media selection, and the creation of clear metrics and means to evaluate activity. This would include briefing creative and media agencies.
- Experience of identifying market research and audience insight requirements and delivering these to inform planning and evaluation.
- Experience of leading business partnering to deliver services to other departments/teams - focusing on different priorities and activities in alignment with an overall strategic approach.
- Experience of managing PR for audiences internal and external to the organisation.
- Experience of managing communications as part of organisational/ reputational crisis management (D).
- Experience of working within a higher education or comparable context (D).
Experience of managing corporate communications in a complex organisation (D)Job Offer
4 months with potential to extend/go permanent