Do you want to make an impact, bring on your own assistant and grow your career alongside a specialist MAT with growth plans?
Do you live near Redbridge in North East London and looking for either full time, part time 24hrs+ or term time + academy year-end?
Could you fit into a small Academy trust of 1 large special school and a new free school. The feeling that you are part of specialist provision helping to make a huge difference to children with complex educational needs?
Perhaps some flexibility to work from home on occasion, especially outside of term time?
Then you could be precisely who we need!
This dedicated and friendly specialist Education Trust has a Finance Manager position, needing someone with previous academy finance experience, ideally with ESFA, charity and company accounts and ideally some MAT level analysis
This is a flexible role, with the potential for time to grow into the role, or more flexible hours if you have the experience to run with it straight away.
You will probably be part qualified AAT, ACCA, CIPFA, CIMA etc or have the technical accountancy experience to match, and come from a similar position or senior finance officer / assistant finance manager looking to step up
Key responsibilities include:
- Assist in 3 year budget setting and forecasts, finance strategy, increasing funding, generating income and grants etc
- Operational finance including managing finance systems, transactional procedures, year-end, produce management accounts, budgeting, reporting, controls, cash flow, ledgers and procedures
- Knowledge of educational finance software eg FMS, PS financials, Civica, Sage etc
- Bring consistency and develop the central finance support function
- Communicate effectively with Heads of Schools and SLT, Reporting to Trustees etc
- Recruit and manage your own finance assistant.