IT Development/Support Manager, Microsoft Stack, mainly leadership and strategy, code reviews, enterprise work
IT Development Manager (Microsoft Stack)
Located in Tilshead, Salisbury (Driving License Required)
Competitive Salary & Car Allowance
Must be eligible for SC Clearance (Last 5 years resident in the UK)
Your new company
This Facilities Management business is looking to add an IT Development and Support Manager to their well-established team. You'll be based from their head office North of Salisbury so will require you're a Driving License and the role comes with car or car allowance, free parking, flexible working hours to suit commuters and the opportunity to work 1-3 days remotely project dependent.
Your new role
You will be a highly motivated, innovative individual looking to progress within a secure and reputable organisation spearheading their technical team. Reporting to the Head of IT you'll champion the development and Support of new applications and will own the technical direction for software delivery in the business. You'll also take an active role within the delivery of the IT Department Strategy and technical roadmaps.
You'll be the first escalation point any task within the Dev Team and will deliver the learning an development plan to ensure the team If progressing. You'll also be responsible for tmaking sure the development team are resourced to support and maintain all live IT Services,
The team run Agile and you'll be encouraged to reinforce and embed these practices. They want constant communication around a shared goal so you'll help with the 'technical vision' and to ensure that the direction of travel for technology is correct.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have gained an excellent level of experience covering application development across the full software lifecycle, then will have progressed into a management position and will be looking for a similar technical leadership role.
* Effective knowledge and experience of Microsoft programming languages
* Effective knowledge and experience of SQL Server databases
* Effective knowledge and experience of Microsoft Visual Studio Team Foundation / Microsoft DevOps for source control/release and application lifecycle management.
* Effective knowledge and experience of Microsoft Sharepoint
* Effective knowledge and experience of Microsoft Business Intelligence stack and data warehousing concepts (Desirable)
* Effective knowledge and experience of IBM Maximo (Desirable)
* Effective knowledge and experience of Microsoft Dynamics Nav (Desirable)
* Effective knowledge and experience of Microsoft Azure and cloud based services (Desirable).
* Experience of managing and motivating a team of software developers
* Proven experience of working within a defined development process (encompassing design, document, develop, test and release) and to development standards
* Experience of working with ITIL processes
* Experience of providing second-line application support and application maintenance within defined processes
* Ability to write technical papers/documents and communicate detail to technical and non-technical stakeholders alike.
What you'll get in return
This position comes with a generous benefits package including access to industry leading training/certifications, a car allowance, a generous pension, free parking and you'll work alongside some highly experienced and talented colleagues to share knowledge (which is actively encouraged). There are remote working opportunities ad the holiday allowance available is fantastic.
What you need to do now
To find out more and to be considered for this position please apply directly, or contact Max Wilcock, Senior Business Manager on .
At Hays Technology, we are shaping the future of recruitment. The rapid adoption of cloud, which is making customer interfaces more engaging and creating a seamless engagement with businesses, means that from the foundation of your organisation up, software developers are critical to success. As the competition for talent grows, we're ready and waiting to help developers really make an impact on organisations, so talk to us today. We are Hays Technology.