LAW FIRM COMPLIANCE MANAGER - QUALIFIED LAWYER WITH AML (POCE 2002 & MLR 2017) EXPERIENCE REQUIREDRef: 3819D£110K -£115K + Benefits Hybrid (City/WFH)
Our client, a well-known Law Firm, seeks a new Manager to work on AML issues but also provide advice on a range of other risk management issues which affect the business. The successful candidate will work closely with the MLRO and MLCO and will be responsible for supervising and training the Compliance Associates and other team members as well. In this interesting & varied role, duties will include;
- Providing legal advice to partners and fee earners on the scope of applicable AML and CTF legislation (including the local laws which apply to our foreign offices)
- Assisting with AML and other Compliance training for partners, fee-earners and business support staff
- Providing advice about reputational risk issues
- Assisting the MLRO with carrying out research to be used in suspicious activity reports (SARs) and assisting with drafting SARs
- Advising on complex source of wealth and funds queries, including third party payments
- Assisting with providing legal advice to partners and fee earners about the nature and scope of the UK's financial sanctions legislation
- Responding to requests for information from regulators
- Assisting the MLRO with responding to requests for information from law enforcement (production orders)
- Updating policies when there are changes in the law.
- Providing advice to the Firm about the SRA Standards and Regulations and Accounts Rules
- Keeping up-to-date with publications about law firm risk management issues and highlighting changes in the law to the team
- Participating in other projects within the Compliance & Risk team as and when they arise.
- Assisting with billable work for external clients on Compliance topics such as AML and sanctions which is likely to include advice on proceeds of crime issues, filing SARs, conducting client due diligence and policy work (and potentially assist in contributing to strategy for winning new work)
You should be a qualified lawyer (including REL or RFL) with 5+ years' relevant experience of some of the above which must include strong technical knowledge of The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds Regulations 2017 and knowledge of Part 7 of the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002. Great opportunity to develop a managerial role with the ability to contribute to client facing work too. NB the role is 3d pw in office and 2 WFH (though can be more in the office if candidate requests or occasionally for necessary meetings)
So, if that sounds like you, then please send your details to our MD, David Symes FCA, at firstname.lastname@example.org (including a contact no) however please note due to COVID-19 we cannot reply to all applications so only successful applications will be contacted (although under no circumstances are your details ever passed on without your specific permission).