We are seeking am Editorial Team Leader. The position can be either based at home or at our offices in Manchester city centre.
The ideal candidate will have a PhD in a biological sciences discipline or life science. You will have a proven track record as a Senior Writer or Editorial Lead in a medical communications agency (minimum of 2 years' experience). You are likely to be actively seeking to take the next career step towards managing a team of medical writers. You will already have successfully led typical editorial projects from start to finish, managed editorial resources, budget, and the expectations of clients and healthcare professionals.
The responsibilities include:
- Writing grammatically and scientifically accurate materials, on time and on budget.
- Liaising and negotiating with healthcare professionals and clients in the development of publications and presentations.
- Reviewing the work of other medical writers.
- Line managing a team of medical writers.
- As a member of the management team, you will have a voice in the management of the business.
- Contributing your scientific expertise to business development activities.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Meridian Fund, an allowance for personal progression
- Performance led bonuses
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Private health care
- Life insurance
- Critical illness cover
- Generous sight test reimbursement policy
- Long service awards
- Pension contribution
- Option for a flu vaccine
- Holiday exchange scheme
- Relaxed, friendly company culture, we treat our employees like the adults they are
- Yearly company event (previous years include trips to Amsterdam, London and racing at Silverstone)