IPS is hiring! We are looking for a talented Project Accountant to join our Finance team to be based at our EMEA headquarters located in Birmingham, UK.Position Summary
The Project Accountant shall be responsible for all project accounting functions, including invoicing, project setup, budget revisions, cost transfers, etc., for all EMEA entities. They shall also support other related accounting functions such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Rate Administration. They will work closely with Project Managers, Director of Projects, and Finance Manager to support our growing EMEA financial operations.Job Duties And Responsibilities
Qualifications & Requirements
- Responsible for preparing and submitting monthly invoices in an accurate and timely fashion with all required backup documentation.
- Will work with Project Managers to obtain proper approval prior to submitting invoices to clients.
- Responsible for setting up new projects, performing budget revisions, and entering cost transfers into the accounting system as required.
- Responsible for ensuring each project has proper billing rates setup.
- Responsible for calculating and posting construction management fees and other direct cost entries.
- Responsible for issuing cost reports to Project Managers on a weekly basis or as requested.
- Will enter project related Accounts Payable as required.
- Will manage Accounts Receivable following up on customer payments as required.
- Will work with different currencies.
- Special projects or tasks as assigned by EMEA Finance Manager.
About Us Company Overview
- Significant relevant work experience.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business with
- Working knowledge of accounting principles
- Part Qualified Accountant (AAT, CIMA, ACCA etc.) advantageous.
- Ability to manage time and meet deadlines. Highly reliable with strong organization skills with the ability to manage a large amount of documents and information.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with both internal and external contacts.
- Expertise with Microsoft Excel is necessary.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Hands-on working knowledge of one or more project cost accounting system
- Desired Characteristics:
- Engineering or Construction sector experience desirable
- Experience of working in Multi Currency advantageous
- Experience of supporting European operations advantageous
- French or German language capabilities advantageous
IPS-Integrated Project Services is a global leader in developing innovative and cost effective solutions for the engineering, construction, commissioning and qualification of complex pharmaceutical and biotech research and manufacturing facilities. With technical expertise spanning R&D to pilot-scale to large-scale production, our team specializes in the technology, trends and regulatory environment to successfully deliver capital projects and improve operations. For over thirty years, we have applied unique LEAN methodologies throughout the project life cycle, continually finding ways to do things better and more efficiently, delivering higher quality and controlling costs. Headquartered in Blue Bell, PA, IPS is a multi-national company with over 1,700 professionals worldwide and offices in California, Indiana, Kansas, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Brazil, Canada, China, Ireland, Singapore, Switzerland, UK, Germany and four locations in India. Visit our website at www.ipsdb.com . Specialties
Process Architecture, Process Design, En gineering, Construction, Commissioning, Qualification, LEAN Project Delivery, Strategic Master Planning, Energy Conservation Management, Project Controls, Program/Project Management, Operations/Logistics Strategy and Planning, EPCMV and Staffing Services.
IPS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected veterans (M/F/D/V).
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: IPS is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with IPS. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at IPS via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at IPS in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of IPS, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by IPS as a result of the referral or through other means.