A fantastic opportunity for a Manager to join our busy Accounts team, for a boutique practice in London. The ideal candidate will be ICAEW qualified, and 12 months experience at operating at a similar level and with a broad client portfolio background.
The purpose of this role is to manage and provide Accounting advice and compliance services to clients in order to achieve budget and maintain a high level of client satisfaction, and to provide support to other team members and to partners, in addition to the line management and career development of team members.
You will be an excellent communicator to deal with both internal and external clients. You will be approachable and enjoy working collaboratively - part of this role is to develop good working relationships with other departments (such as tax and audit) and to help enhance the profile of the accounts team within the firm and outside.
- Taking day to day responsibility for managing all aspects of the Partners' portfolios
- Full review of both accounts and disclosures
- Disclosure review of FRS102, FRS105
- Preparation of consolidation accounts
- Acting as the main point of contact for a number of clients
- Liaising with tax department to ensure that they have all information required to prepare tax computations
- Managing WIP, billing and recoverability
- Reviewing monthly billing and make sure that the team is hitting monthly targets
- Supervising/overseeing work conducted by London and offshore staff - providing training and guidance on a regular basis to upskill and improve technical knowledge
- 'Managing' managers and partners by prompting action where necessary
- Overseeing the scheduling and workflows on each of the jobs - ensuring all deadlines and targets are met
- Highlighting any delivery issues and suggesting approach to rectify
- Preparing ad hoc specials such as cash flow forecasts for business investment ventures
- Preparing ad hoc work as requested such as due diligence on companies being acquired cash flow forecasts for business investment ventures
- Research complex areas and discussing issues with the institute ensuring that the reference number is recorded in order to come back to if there are any follow on questions.
You will have:
- Exceptional communication skills - both verbal and written
- Ability to manage own time and workload in accordance with deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Be a team player
- ACA qualified or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in accountancy (practice)
If this position interests you, please apply today