An opportunity has arisen for a talented individual to join the Manchester fire safety engineering team as a Principal Engineer.
The successful candidate will benefit from excellent career prospects as well as a leading benefits package.
The fire team is looking for an innovative and strategic thinker who can help shape our business to deliver superior building performance in terms of fire safety design and management. A leader who can deliver expertise and is prepared to develop our existing client relationships and create new ones.
The suitable candidate will be responsible for the delivery of significant fire engineering projects both nationally and internationally, as well assisting in leading and mentoring other members of the team. Role and Key Requirements:
- Chartered Fire Engineer through the Institute of Fire Engineers (IFE)
- 15 years or more practical experience in multiple sectors, ideally including nuclear, aviation, rail and high-rise residential.
- Minimum of Masters, but ideally Ph.D.
- Interactive and collaborative mindset / emotional intelligence for working with fire engineers and multi-disciplinary teams across the UK and abroad.
- All aspects of project management from assisting with preparation of quotations, through to management of the delivery of the technical expertise, analyses, and reports / drawings / specifications / documentation as necessary.
- Strong technical knowledge with a proven track record of gaining agreement for prescriptive and performance-based design solutions from approving authorities and other key stakeholders. Quality work delivered to time and on budget consistently.
- Mentoring / teaching experience, ideally with a proven ability to grow a fire engineering team.
- High fire hazard sector experience.
- Fire strategy competence, along with supporting engineering arguments, calculations and modelling.
- Experience in computational modelling of evacuation, fire growth and smoke movement would be beneficial, including CFD modelling.
- Structural fire engineering highly beneficial.
- Production and review of Safety Cases (including Hackitt Review building safety case).
- Able to operate autonomously, with good organisation and interpersonal skills.
- Fire safety management experience preferred.
- Experience of site inspections, audits, and fire risk assessments preferred.
- Good working knowledge of UK, ROI, NFPA, IBC/IFC Codes.
- Experience of leading project teams & good negotiation and mentoring skills.
- Opportunity to travel regularly to other UK offices or further afield as projects require.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can. Our Culture
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here .