About the opportunity:
The Integrated Systems Assurance Team are a key part our People & Places Solutions business, working on a varied range of projects, both within the UK and internationally, assisting our clients with the delivery of their products, projects and programmes - safely, effectively and efficiently. The team is a highly motivated, inclusive and diverse group, responsible for providing systems engineering, technical system safety, reliability, dependability and risk management services to highly regulated industries, including rail, water, aviation, aerospace, government, energy and processing.
We are looking for early career professionals who aspire to a career in Systems Assurance to join our UK team; base location is flexible, but ideally one of London, Bristol, Birmingham or Glasgow. You will be joining a rapidly growing team who is delivering strategic and tactical support to some of the world's most inspiring projects and programmes across many industries including rail, air, water, defence, nuclear and processing. This role provides a fantastic career opportunity, whilst developing your skills and experience under the guidance and mentorship of our industry-recognised senior team.
You will have some experience of systems engineering, systems safety and or RAM and be at the stage of your career where you are looking to take the next step and with our help develop as an engineer and consultant. Ideally, you will have knowledge of rail systems, technologies, and the industry or have started your career in a similar regulated industry (e.g. aerospace, defence or nuclear).
You will be able to work across a range of activities at various stages of the systems engineering lifecycle. You will thrive on doing something different every day and be comfortable with ambiguity. You will have a strong desire to learn new things. Typically, you will be encouraged to:
- Support project teams solving complex integration problems for our clients on major infrastructure programmes
- Demonstrate a willingness and openness to question and learn from our clients and your colleagues
- Undertaking tasks, potentially being responsible for all elements of systems engineering required on smaller projects
- Proactively seeking knowledge and learning opportunities from within our team or via external sources to develop capability and determine the right approach to a problem
- Proactively pursuing professional recognition, while being supported by Jacobs, and maintaining an up-to-date CPD record whilst developing a professional network.
The Integrated System Assurance Team is distributed nationally, supporting our clients globally. We are a progressive and flexible team and offer the opportunity to work from home, business needs permitting. Travel may be required to project and client offices with occasional overnight stays or longer-term secondments. This may include opportunities for working overseas.
W hy Jacobs?
- A Degree in a relevant engineering or scientific discipline.
- Can demonstrate working towards Chartered status of a relevant professional body, or a clear commitment and understanding or requirements to achievement of Chartered status
- Post degree experience in delivering across any of the following areas ideally in a rail environment, and/or equivalent sector
- Systems engineering
- System safety
- Reliability, Availability & Maintainability
- Ideally experience in applying various:
- systems engineering tools (e.g. DOORS) and techniques (e.g. MBSE) and/or
- systems assurance tools (e.g. Reliability Workbench) and techniques (e.g. HAZID, Fault Tree Analysis)
- Experience across different lifecycle stages, or a clear understanding of the Systems Engineering and assurance challenges across different stages
- Able to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders
- Delivery focussed with an enthusiasm to make a positive difference
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can. Our Culture:
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.