This role sits within Jacobs Digital. Jacobs Digital is a central team driving digital across the company. Digital for us is not just about technology. Digital is client led. A transformation of how and what we provide to our clients. Creating a smarter, more connected and customer centric value proposition. Jacobs Digital is a team of developers, incubation, product and technology solution experts who are driving digital change across Jacobs and our clients. We're customer and user focused, where digital starts with culture and new ways of working, driving new business models, whilst incorporating technology and data into all our services and solutions.
The team is currently experiencing unprecedented growth and is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic person to help us achieve our ambitious plans. You will work alongside members of the Digital team with a range of data capture, analysis, visualisation, advanced spatial analysis and compliance technologies, focused on GIS and geospatial solutions. You will be a 'go-to' person for technical input, be a GIS lead for a range of projects, help mentor junior colleagues, and build strong relationships with both internal and external clients. This role can be based in any of the following Jacobs offices across the UK and Ireland where you will join a team of established geospatial specialists: Belfast, Dublin, Cork, Leeds, Manchester, York, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Birmingham, Cardiff, Bristol, Reading, London. Jacobs offer a hybrid approach to work location, which combines working from home and time in the office with your team.
- A well-rounded consultant, experienced in helping to deliver GIS projects in a fast-paced environment
- Expert user of ArcGIS Pro and ArcMap software and extensions
- Good data management and quality assurance skills
- Experienced in web GIS and the creation of web maps and web applications (ArcGIS Portal, ArcGIS Online or other)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills; the ability and flexibility to function as part of multi-disciplinary teams and to lead or mentor more junior colleagues
- Experienced in the management of mobile data capture software such as ArcGIS Collector
- Familiarity with CAD based software (e.g. AutoCAD, MicroStation) and with FME
- Experience of GIS application to engineering, transportation, planning or environmental sectors
- A good understanding of technological advances and industry trends related to geospatial
- Demonstrates continued professional development
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you're pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity - ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women's - find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team .
Your application experience is important to us and we're keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.