Job Title: Information Communication Technician Apprenticeship
Location: Chiswick, London
Ferrovial Construction is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group. It is the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees, and a presence across 15 countries with over 60 years' experience. We are a Spanish multinational company operating in 4 divisions: Airports, Highways, Construction and Building subsidiaries. Ferrovial are committed to developing sustainable and innovative solutions, with the aim to create value for society, and for clients, investors and employees. Ferrovial Construction Ltd UK has 6 major Infrastructure projects across the UK; HS2, Silvertown (STT), Heathrow (Q6), Thames Tideway (TTT), Northern Line Extension (NLE) and Farringdon.
To deliver efficient operation and control of the IT. Information Communication Technician Apprenticeship will contribute to the smooth running of IT hardware and software for the business. The main responsibility is to provide 1st line support to our user base to a high standard with as little impact on user's work as possible. As part of this role, you will also be required to travel to our other offices to provide off-site support.
* Provide first line helpdesk support to clients, answering support queries via phone and email
* Coordinate incident/problems resolution with internal or external expertise
* Maintain documentation up to date
* Support users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice
* Carry out daily client systems checks, reporting to Project Control Director where necessary
* Communicate environment changes to users and ensure users adhere to changes
* Ensure that user equipment is maintained correctly, including hardware and software servicing.
* Work with the team and manage the relationship with external providers, including contacting technical support, meeting with suppliers to discuss IT/equipment issues and gather information on new products/services.
* Make recommendations for upgrades/improvements to ensure that the company remains efficient and up to date in terms of its technology and equipment.
* Work with the team on other projects as required.
* Highly motivated
* Logical thinkers who are willing to learn
* Resilient and adaptable
* Results driven with strong communication skills
At Ferrovial we have five core values: Excellence, Innovation, Collaboration, integrity and Respect. We are proud of our work and values which we live by to achieve our goals.
As one of the industry's most diverse organisations, our people bring a strong blend of local talent, international expertise and perspectives from all backgrounds. This drives innovation and fresh thinking required to set new standards of excellence.
Ferrovial embraces diversity and inclusion and we see the value in providing equal opportunities to all employees. We are committed to building an inclusive team from a variety of different backgrounds, perspectives and skills so we encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
5 GCSEs grade 4-9, including Maths and English / 3 A Levels or BTEC Level 3
Apprenticeship Standard: Level 3 Apprenticeship RITTech for 3
Duration: 18 months Apprenticeship Programme
Salary: £18, 000 per annum
Hours: 40.5 per week
The training will be provided in all areas. This occupation is found in organisations, large and small, in all sectors, and within public, private and voluntary organisations. Organisations increasingly rely on computer and communications systems in all areas of their operations and decision-making processes. It is therefore crucial to ensure the optimal performance and maintenance of systems. An Information Communication Technician (ICT) is critical to achieving this.
The training purpose of the ICT occupation is to deliver efficient operation and control of the IT and/or Telecommunications infrastructure (comprising physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage) either on-premises or to end-users provisioned as cloud services that is required to deliver and support the information systems needs of an organisation.
The occupation includes contributing to the preparation for new or changed services, operation of the change process, the maintenance of regulatory, legal and professional standards, the building and management of systems and components in virtualised and cloud computing environments and the monitoring of performance of systems and services in relation to their contribution to business performance, their security and their sustainability