Domiciliary Care Coordinator - Job Description
Purpose of position
The care coordinator is a "hands-on" member of the management team responsible for planning, organising and checking (including the carrying out of spot checks) that care services are provided in line with service agreements and care plans and to the standards required.
The post holder will be expected to have previous experience in coordinating home care or domiciliary care services.
The post holder will be expected to:
* Carry out needs assessments as required, draw up individual's care plans and organise care reviews, taking responsibility for implementing any changes to care plans.
* Make all necessary arrangements for starting a service
* Supervise care workers and teams in carrying out their work, proving advice and guidance as needed, including demonstrating procedures, coaching and mentoring
* Provide direct care in emergencies
* Carry out spot checks of care delivery and report findings to the service management
* Visit service users to get their views on the service being provided and to act on any issues arising
* Carry out preliminary investigations of concerns, including safeguarding issues, and complaints that arise on the course of service delivery and report their findings to the service manager
* Recruit new staff and assist with staff induction and training as required, and in the cases of new staff, assess their fitness to work alone
* Liaise with other professionals involved in a person's care
* Work closely with the service's management team to help it with their quality improvement and business planning strategies
* Act as an ambassador for the care service, particularly in its dealings with other professionals and agencies involved in a person's care
* Work as a team member and be prepared to be flexible in helping to meet the service's requirements
* Be responsible for the efficient and effective administration of the care service.
* Answer the telephone and either handle the caller's request or query or direct callers to the most appropriate person.
* Take messages for other members of the team and ensure they receive and act upon these messages.
* Prepare and file service user records.
* Ensure service user records are in a good state of repair and are kept safe.
* Assist in production of information for audit and inspection.
* Process changes to service user information on the computer and paper records.
* Follow, help implement and update the service's safeguarding and health and safety policies and procedures.
* Provide administrative support to other members of the team
Skills & Qualifications
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with all stakeholders
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Passion for helping people and providing personalised care
* Strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate others
* Proficiency with computers and Microsoft office tools such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel
* Full UK-Valid Driving Licence
* At least 2 years' experience in coordinating domiciliary or home care services
* Professional administration and/or health and social care qualifications at Level 3 and above (desired)