Our client a global organisation are looking for an experienced MECHANICAL ENGINEER - UNDERBODY STRUCTURE
About the Position
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer - Underbody Structure to support company's rapid growth.
· Responsible for the delivery of corner subframe systems to meet program-specific targets including functional performance, quality, cost and timing.
· Design and release of sub-frame from initial concept through to Engineering Sign-Off and supporting program management gateways
· Develop System Design Specifications incorporating engineering standards, test procedures and material specifications.
· Ensure that all products meet the specification requirements and project targets through a documented DVP
· Facilitate Failure Mode Avoidance activities including DFMEA, quality history reviews development tests.
· Identify opportunities to reduce complexity, cost and weight.
· Support Purchasing team in Sourcing and RFQ activities
· Support vehicle launch and pre-production builds (both virtual and physical)
· Ensuring the effective application of APQP to manage system/ component delivery.
· Degree in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 5 years experiences in product development
· Have proven experience of developing and delivery of sub-frame designs from concept to production within an OEM or tier 1 organization.
· Proficient with CATIA V6 software including part design, assembly design, and drafting
· Knowledge of GD&T per ASME Y14.5
· Managing workload in a fast-paced environment with potential for changing priorities.
· Working experience of Microsoft Office products including SharePoint, Excel and Word
· Excellent communications skills, demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels
· Be a team player with the ability to work alongside talented colleagues as part of a driven and dedicated team
Excellent package and opportunity. Call Rachel Adams NOW on (phone number removed) or apply online with CV Library