Part-Qualified Account Technician + Study Support AAT -£25,000 - Bamber Bridge Hybrid Role
Assistance in the preparation of monthly management accounts to trial balance level.
Posting journals including prepayments, accruals, stock etc.
Ensure accurate data is posted to the ledgers.
Nominal and control accounts reconciliations.
Overhead and other variance analysis.
Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts.
Work with budget holders and perform variance analysis of actuals against budget/forecast
Processing some sales/purchase ledger.
Process cash book entries and bank reconciliations.
Assist in preparation of annual tax information.
Assisting with internal and external financial audits.
Assist in the preparation of spreadsheet based reporting templates.
Preparation of ad-hoc financial reports as requested.
Provide support in the development of the accounting processes as and when identified.
Ensure compliance with Company corporate and client codes of business conduct.
Upload of the financial information into the PLC consolidation system - COGNOS.
Use of Business accounting software Accounting systems.
· Use of Microsoft Office software including advanced Excel spreadsheet with experience of formulae such as Sumif, and lookups.
· Reasoning and problem solving skills - with ability to think laterally
· Thorough knowledge of tools and techniques within the accounts systems
· Good communication skills - articulate and good presenter
Key skills and experience
· Working towards, a professional accounting qualification. - AAT preferred
· Preferred Experience:
· Minimum of three years' experience in a busy accounting environment.
· Experience of Project Accounting would be useful but not essential.
· General Requirement:
· Duties to be carried out in full compliance with EHS&Q systems.
· Duty to maintain & where possible enhance the perception in the marketplace.
· Flexibility in working hours.
· Clean driving licenceFor an immediate interview please contact Sam Nixon (phone number removed)