VD Recruitment has partnered with a professionally designed and well equipped Nursery with bright and cheerful rooms, excellent management team and fun atmosphere based in North Harrow. Walking distance from the station. They have a huge securely fenced garden , sensory room and a Discovery Unit ideal for exploration and investigation, designing and creating.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Nursery Deputy Manager to join their dynamic team at the Ofsted Rated 'Outstanding' nursery registered for 94 children.
The successful candidate will have strong knowledge of EYFS, an understanding of children's development and hold a Level 3 qualification in Childcare or equivalent.
Salary: £25k - £27k PA
Hours: Full time - (40 Hours per week) 8am - 6pm, Mon - Fri, half day off during the week!
Responsibilities for the Nursery Deputy Manager:
* Deputise for the Manager.
* Oversee the smooth running of the nursery.
* Lead the staff team to deliver high quality practice within the nursery.
* Ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care and development for children placed in the Day Nursery.
* Creating stimulating activities for children inside and outside the nursery.
* Carrying out joint/peer observations.
* Working closely with room leaders.
* Sharing information with parents
* Staff training.
* Participating in team meetings.
Qualifications and Skills required for the ideal Nursery Deputy Manager
* A minimum of NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Childcare & Education
* Fluency in English is a must.
* Commitment and passion
* To work as part of a team
* To use your initiative
* To enjoy working to the highest of standard
* First Aid and Food & Hygiene certificates are desirable
The positions are subject to an Enhanced DBS certificate and references.
If you have the relevant experience & qualification and would like to be a part of a progressive and fun team please send your cv