Platform Resourcing are working with a global manufacturing business based in the Cwmbran area. We are currently seeking a Quality Inspector to join this client on a permanent basis. Over the last 12 months the business has grown from strength to strength and they are now looking to recruit into a number of key positions.
The Quality Inspector will have worked within an Engineering/Manufacturing environment and will understand the processes around quality inspections. They will also be trained to a suitable level and will hold an apprenticeship a HNC or equivalent within an engineering discipline.
Duties and Responsibilities
* The job holder will be required to ensure that products are to the correct specification
* Ideally, candidates should be capable of undertaking normal inspection duties
* Previous experience of inspection / quality control activities is essential
* Previous experience of procedures is an advantage.
* The successful applicant will need to be flexible and provide inspection cover in any area when required
Essential Key Skills and Experience
* Applicants must be analytical, thorough and possess good team working skills.
Frequent liaison with internal departments and suppliers
Strong communication skills both written and verbal
Self motivated and presentable individual
* An ability to work with initiative is a prerequisite for this position.
* Applicants should be able to work shifts when required.
* Use of quality and inspection equipment - Calipers, Gauges and Vernier's
* Use of CMM would be an advantage
* Accurate record management
* Report writing ability
* Excellent communication skills
* An Apprenticeship and/or HNC in mechanical engineering is required
Salary, Hours and Benefits
* Salary £25,640 pa + Bonuses
* Days Shifts - Early finish on a Friday
* Excellent pension scheme 5%
* Great holiday benefits 25 days + 8 Bank Holidays
* Various other company benefits: Free onsite parking, Christmas Shutdown, Continuous Development and progression opportunities, Death in service
Privacy and General Data Protection
Policy By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, please call before applying.
Platform Resourcing are advertising this vacancy and are acting as an employment agency