Engineers (both Senior and early stage of your career)
Location: Plymouth, Devon, GB, PL1 4SG
Please note this role can be based in either Plymouth, Bristol or Leicester (however, we may be able to consider people from other locations)
Salary range: £32,020 - £49,625
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit several Engineers.
Have you ever wondered what it takes to support our nuclear deterrent? Babcock Naval Nuclear plays a key role in the support of Royal Navy nuclear submarines throughout their life-cycle and in ensuring that submarines are ready to conduct operations at sea. We are charged with ensuring that the submarines, and the support arrangements that we and others provide, enable safe delivery of the UK's Continuous at Sea Deterrent patrols at an acceptable cost to the nation.
We're looking for a several Engineers to join us at one of our 3 sites with agile remote working from home probable. As an Engineer you'll work within the Engineering Services Directorate, a centre of excellence for our professional engineering capability, supporting naval programmes while proactively improving our capabilities. You'll be applying your engineering domain knowledge to support technical outputs and solutions in order to enable submarine availability and fit for purpose nuclear licenced infrastructure.
As part of the role you could be involved in one of the two main areas of influence:
1. In service; providing engineering support and thought to Trafalgar, Astute and Vanguard Class submarines whilst at sea and alongside to enable an optimised maintenance package and through life cost;
2. Build; providing engineering support and thought to the Dreadnought Class submarines through the design and down selection process, to provide support to the MoD and define the preferred support solution.
What do I need to do the role?
You will need to be personable, professional and driven with the ability to engage in a range of projects. Working with a high level of professional knowledge, the role is part of a multi-disciplinary team that will apply your skills across our support programme.
We would also like you to have experience in some or all of the following areas:
* Carrying out or supporting technical investigations and analysis to provide data for problem assessment or resolution and for design of improvements.
* Production, review, and approval of calculations, analyses, drawings, models, design basis documentation and technical reports as assigned.
* Evaluating technical issues in order to develop proposals for investigations and/or solutions, including process improvements.
* Driving or supporting the development of Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) solutions or Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA) works
* Providing help and direction to team members with reference to your experience; steering/ supporting continuous improvement activity
Lastly, you'll be qualified to minimum of HNC in a STEM discipline (e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, System, Data or Maths). Experience in lieu of formal education would be considered.
Membership of an accredited body such as IMechE, IMarEST or IET and working towards chartered status. If you do not have membership, Babcock Naval Nuclear will support this endeavour for suitable candidates.
What else do I need to know?
* Naval Nuclear has continued to operate strongly through COVID-19 and to date zero staff have been furloughed. We offer a supportive environment including: enhanced employment terms and conditions, money purchase pension scheme with life assurance, share ownership scheme, Occupational Health services, flexible working hours (only non-industrials), career opportunities and specialist advice and guidance from our Learning & Development teams. Additional benefits may also apply for Management posts.
* This positions are based primarily at one of the above 3 sites. However, we do have other hubs around the country.
* The Supportability Engineer will need to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements. You must be a sole UK national and hold or be capable of achieving 'Security Check' (SC) clearance.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence Company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
All applications should be made online using PC, Laptop or Mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please click here. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom.
Closing Date: 21/01/2022