Title: Diesel Fitter (High Speed)
Sector: Power & Propulsion
HSB Technical's Power & Propulsion team have a number of vacancies for multiple businesses covering the UK and overseas.
My client is a well-known business within the power & propulsion sector, they are actively looking for a engine builder to join the team in the workshop. Working as one of the engineers, you will work either as part of a small team or on solo assignments within a busy engine build workshop. Reporting directly to the Workshop Manager, you will ensure best practice and quality are achieved at all times. Within this position you will be stripping a diesel engine, assessing what requires overhauling / replacing, creating a list of spares for the workshop manager to produce a quote and rebuild.
HSB Technical's client is a very established and well-regarded entity within the Power & Propulsion Sector.
Responsibilities (Brief Outline):
• Perform all assigned jobs according to the job instructions
• Carry out high speed and some medium speed engine overhauls
• Investigate problems / identify solutions
• Clarity of contact with manager to establish existing work load and spares requirements
• Ensure that all job documentation is provided
• Ensure that time sheets are submitted accurately and on time
• Identify and report on opportunities for additional work
• Ensure that all personal / company supplied tools and equipment are calibrated accordingly and are fit for purpose
• Any other appropriate support to engineering function as required
• HSE knowledge
• High Speed and medium speed engine and ancillary equipment knowledge
• Report writing
• Driving Licence (not essential)
This vacancy is being advertised by HSB Technical who have been appointed to act as the recruitment consultancy for this role