Position Type :
Full time Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education) Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Engineering Travel Percentage :
0%About the Role
This role is for a junior software engineer working on a the Worldpay worldwide payment gateway (WPG). Worldpay was acquired by FIS in 2019 in one of the largest deals in the payments sector. WPG has been processing online payments for approximately 30 years for merchants such as Google, Amazon and the like.
Our gateway is a single code base with over 2 million lines of Java code. That code needs to deal with over 200 transaction per second on a standard day. Each day the platform supports over 220, 000 merchants and is supported by teams, from all around the globe. There are upwards of 30 teams involved in the platform development. The teams have a 5:3 ratio of development to test engineers. Testing is performed at every level of our software development lifecycle.
With a large international 24/7 customer base, this role requires developers with high levels of diligence and an eye for detail. Our engineers conscientiously code, thoroughly test and reliably deliver the requirements of our always-on business. If you can contribute to a large code base with the highest levels of integrity then this is the perfect role for you.
Develop core versions of software applications for sale to external clients. Identifies client purchasing requirements and technical specifications through Product Management and/or client representatives. Interacts with engineering groups to assist in design changes to equipment and/or software.General Duties and Responsibilities
General Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Analyses, designs, programs, debugs and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked or Internet-related computer programs. (Code must be used in core version of applications available for sale commercially.)
- Interacts with product managers and/or users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Participates in software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Write technical specifications based on conceptual design and stated business requirements.
- Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications using current programming languages and technologies.
- Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, e.g., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
- Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external clients and contacts
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.Sourcing Model
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.