Position Type :
Full time Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education) Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science Travel Percentage :
1 - 5%About the team
Access Worldpay from FIS is a talented, creative group working together to build release and operate the next generation of global payments products. Access Worldpay is a place where learning and growing are core parts of the journey. We care deeply about things like immutability, automation, test driven development and agile ways of working. More information on our principles is available here: https://worldpay.github.io/gateway-tribe-principlesWhat you will be doing
You will aid to create and maintain a collaborative space where our engineers can express their inner creativity while looking for customer focused solutions that meets the business needs. You will foster collaboration and innovation, you will unlock continuous learning while helping the engineers to keep solutions compliant with current internal policies and regulatory requirements.
What you bring:
- Line manage the tribe members who are reporting to you. Provide them with the support, training and opportunities to facilitate their growth.
- Follow and improve the processes and workflows to keep the services developed by the squad or squads you are line managing compliant with policies and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with the other Development Managers (People Leaders) in the operation of the tribe engineering function, including preparation of training and development plans, and the performance management of our people
- Coach your team in building, releasing, and operating their services. Act occasionally as the recovery manager in case the teams need to escalate an incident which requires stakeholder engagement.
- Work with the engineering leaders in the tribe to promote the creation of standards and common engineering approaches that will be shared across all the squads.
- Promote our Software Development Life Cycle processes and standards across the tribe.
- With your engineering background, collaboratively develop the features and engineering capabilities for the products the squad owns. We aim to employ automation for everything.
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience as a line manager / people leader.
- Background in Software Engineering.
- Strong working knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle and engineering best practices.
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- An engineering skillset that is focused on quality and a test first philosophy, regardless of the activity
- An agile mindset where you will drive both your team and the wider agile release train towards better ways of working
- An operational mindset where you care about customer service levels and seize every incident as an opportunity to fix a problem across the estate and progress our technology to be self operating, self healing, and 5 9's available.
What we offer you
- Experience fostering cross-team collaboration, setting up hackathons and/or conferences.
- Experience working in a team developing microservices and or web applications
- Experience using data to drive decision making
- Exposure to the Payments industry domain (especially Cards and other payment schemes)
- Exposure to PCI-DSS
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- Exposure to some of the largest and some of the smallest merchants in the world, and the chance to make a really positive impact on their businesses.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.Sourcing Model
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.