Position Type :
Full time Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education) Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Engineering Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.About the team
Operating core-banking for one of the world's largest payment processors requires diligence and experience designing and running highly available, highly scalable systems in production.
Worldpay is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to help join a new SRE function within giving you the chance to shape best practices as we migrate our core acquiring platform to a cloud based micro-services architecture.What you will be doing
You will join our engineering team and work with other key technical teams on the design, architecture and operability of our applications and take a lead in the development of world class monitoring and automation solutions.
You will work with engineering teams based in London, Bucharest and India to design, deploy, maintain Worldpay services, troubleshoot software and infrastructure issues, consult and innovate on core platform design and architecture, and help coordinate incident response.
What you bring:
- Help shape and build our next gen operations and deployment infrastructure.
- Perform design, infrastructure, and process reviews to help engineering teams in shipping reliable systems.
- Advocate for and apply best practices when it comes to availability, scalability, operational excellence and efficiency.
- Ruthlessly automate, improve and evolve our systems.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and remediate platform issues and alerts.
- Engage with engineering team on-calls, helping to debug, improve, and optimize critical backend services.
Added bonus if you have:
- Proven experience operating large scale critical software systems in production.
- Excellent Linux system administration skills.
- Significant experience in infrastructure automation and configuration management using Terraform, CloudFormation, Packer, Puppet, Chef, SaltStack, Ansible, Spinnaker etc.
- Experience with monitoring best practices and tooling such as ELK, Splunk, Grafana, Graphite, InfluxDB, Prometheus, Datadog, AppDynamics, Dynatrace etc.
- Programming or scripting with Bash, Python, or similar languages.
- Experience using Cloud services such as Amazon Web Service (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
- Experience with container-based platforms such as Docker, Kubernetes or OpenShift.
- Good understanding of SRE practices especially within a pipeline-based application architecture.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines using Atlassian Jira/Confluence, Git/Gerrit, GitHub, Nexus, Ansible, Jenkins
- Track record of designing systems for High Availability, Scalability and Disaster Recovery
- Experience supporting live services and managing service outages
- Application Performance Monitoring and Root Cause Analysis
- Strong communication and organization skills to work with our international teams.
What we offer you
- Agile development methodologies
- Hands-on experience of Scrum and Kanban
- Good requirements engineering and business analysis experience.
- Experience working within the financial services/payments industry
- Production-scale cluster administration of Kafka, Apache Spark or similar.
- Infrastructure and networking experience.
- Kubernetes monitoring and tooling eg Prometheus, Helm, Istio.
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.Sourcing Model
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.