Client Account DirectorJob Description:Role Overview
Kellogg's are one Carats largest clients, with many leading household brands such as Cornflakes, Special K, Coco Pops and Pringles. The Carat London hub manages 90m+ of spend across Europe, with centralised strategy and planning and local execution. Kellogg's are at the forefront of strategy and digital excellence, and we work closely with them across many channels such as partnerships, influencer marketing and gaming.
This role is to work in the EU market planning team in the Pringles business unit. Pringles have a strong focus on Gaming so experience in that area would be useful but is not mandatory.Key Accountabilities
- Working closely with Comms Planner & Strategy Director to ensure strategy is delivered in the media plans
- Brief in local markets and the central digital team and sense check plans vs strategy
- Work in collaboration with Kellogg's Central Media team and deliver strong client service
- Ensure masterplans and central reporting system is up to date
- Organise and run mid campaign optimisation calls (Kubes)
- Line management of a Manager
- The ideal candidate will have experience of managing markets across Europe, coupled with planning expertise to ensure they can review plans that come back
- Digital is c.50% of Kellogg's spend so a digital background would be helpful, as well as experience in TV planning.
- Managing the Business: Delivery of multiple workstreams in order to meet client expectations through effective mobilisation of the dentsu resources and people at all times.
- Proactive Client Development: Proactively seek out opportunities for cross-sell and up-sell and consult with Client Director/Client Partner on mobilisation of these opportunities
- Managing Client requirements across the network: Responding in a timely and accurate manner to client requests for information, working seamlessly with internal stakeholders and colleagues across the network in order to deal with their requests.
- Network Client team management: Appropriate management and mobilisation of Carat network / OpCos around client
- Demonstrate the ability to cultivate strong relationships across OpCos to ensure that work is delivered on time and to high quality
Client Relationship Management
- Negotiation skills: ability to contribute to negotiation strategic and if involved can demonstrate flex in style depending on situation and stage of negotiation;
- Relationship-builder: thinks and acts proactively to create regular contact opportunities; shares information, experience and insight with client to build trust and mutual respect; aims to attain position of Trusted Advisor to client;
- Solid understanding of the impact of each area of the Dentsu Aegis Network business on your clients' business;
- Strategic thinking: thinks out of the box in reference to presenting innovative solutions to client challenges.
- Understands commercial terms of the contract;
- Considers all aspects of the plan from a commercial perspective and in relation to the original brief;
- General understanding of business models and trends, particularly within the client sector;
- External market awareness: both in the media industry and client-specific challenges.
Media, strategy and product Skills
- Sound knowledge of all Dentsu Aegis Network services;
- Strong marketing, media and communications concepts, models, skills, practices, tools, frameworks, etc.;
- Holistic view of Bought, Owned and Earned (BOE) media;
- Solid digital knowledge is a must
- Good understanding of holistic digital media concepts, propositions, Dentsu Aegis Media digital services;
- Excellent communicator: verbal, written, presentation, listening skills with internal and external stakeholders both senior and junior;
- High level of attention to detail with all outputs.
Self-awareness and organisation
- Resilient: adopts energised and enthusiastic approach even when under pressure;
- Project management skill: draws up plan for delivery of work to deadlines and with all milestones plotted; follows up key deliverables to ensure timely delivery and heads off any risk to this with proactive checking in.
- Ability to understand cultural nuances and adapts own style to fit. Respects differences in culture, approach and skillset
Teamwork and people management
About dentsu international
- People management: sense of ownership in carrying out direct reports' reviews and giving feedback.
- Understands how to handle difficult and sensitive conversations with direct reports.
- Delegates, checking in for support where necessary;
- Deploys a mentoring style; gives praise and constructive feedback;
- Ability to manage direct and virtual teams across the matrix, including across international and organisational boundaries
- Listens actively.
Part of dentsu, dentsu international headquartered in London operates in over 145 markets worldwide with more than 48,000 dedicated specialists. We help clients to win, keep and grow their best customers and achieve meaningful progress for their businesses. With best-in-class services and solutions in media, CXM, and creative. www.dentsu.comWorking with us
Joining dentsu international, you'll join a team of 48,000 people. It'sanopportunity to produce career-defining work. Along the way, you'll team up with inspiring colleagues and encounter a richness of clients, cultures and experiences. We offer exciting challenges, memorable experiences and opportunities to shape your future.Inclusion and Diversity
We're proud to be different and that starts with our people. We believe in equal opportunities for everyone. We won't define people by their race, gender, sexual-orientation, age or disability. Individuality is what makes us great, we want everyone to bring their full self to work and create something amazing. That's what we care about. So, whether you're joining us, or looking to move to a different part of the business, we work hard to make sure we create equal opportunities for everyone.
We are happy to discuss flexible and agile approaches to working for all our roles - we can't promise we will be able to offer you everything you want or need but we do promise to discuss it with you openly and honestly. If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.Location:
Full timeContract Type: