Job Title:Workspace Services Operations Job Code:1201966
Location:Americas Client Job Ref: Job Type:Permanent
Post Start Date:3 Aug 2021
Post End Date: Job Summary:
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesales (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit
Enterprise Infrastructure Services are responsible for delivery and architecture of Nomura's Core IT Infrastructure. Encompassing Cloud and Digital Technology, Systems Monitoring, Orchestration and Automation as well as more traditional enterprise IT Platforms (Storage, Servers, Virtualization, Networks & Database). EIS offer technology services that underpin the banks application landscape, and provide front to back end user services that operate across technology and business disciplines. Offering an ever broader range of career options, EIS provide not only technology pathways in development, product engineering or technical support, but provide consultative services that form delivery of solutions within the bank spanning Business Analysis, Project Management and Governance.
Workspace Services are responsbile for client facing technolgises used across Wholesale with close collaboration with the other Group companies. The team operates a global 24x7 "Follow The Sun" (FTS) support model with regional teams based in London, India, Japan, and America. The unit is split into the following functions delievering the overarching Digtial Transformation Strategy:
- Mobile Messaging and Collaboration (Exchange, Webex, MobileIron, Outlook, Apple)
- Desktops Services (Windows 10, Office suite, SCCM, Citrix, VMWare VDI, VPN, Office 365)
- Voice and Voice Operations (Cisco IPT, Jabber, Trader Voice, Video Conferencing )
Working closely with Engineering, Workspace Services deliver the platforms and drive adoption across the wholesale function while ensuring opertaional excellence. This is a global team who work very closely across regions to deliver consistent technologies and processes.
Role / Principal Accountabilities:
The team is a newly formed function with experience from a variety of IT backgrounds, but all have a focus on automation and process improvement delievering an SRE style function for Workspace Infrastructure. This is a great opportunity to get involved with new technologies and help shape Workspace transformation within Nomura.
The role will involve working closely with the Global Operations and Engineering teams to implement key projects within the Workspace domain, including the onboarding of new platforms such as Microsoft 365 and MS Teams. This will be a key accountability for this role.
Key to this role is management skills. We expect the successful candiate to line manage a small team of experienced engineers. This will involve day to day line management, task management and perfromance management. This role will also be part of the regional Workspace Services Management team.
The successful candidate will be expected to have the same ethos and appetite for automation, and a background that includes work with either, Microsoft365 or Azure. We would also expect the canidate to have a proven track record in delivering Agile working methods.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Subject-matter expert knowledge of Microsoft Azure/Office365/ Windows 10
- Subject-matter expert with Powershell, Python and Windows Script Host scripting technologies
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Products (Office suite, SCCM, Exchange, Active Directory)
- Extensive use of Configuration Management Solutions providing the ability to deploy, patch and maintain workspace endpoints.
- Extensive working knowledge of Citrix and Remote Access technologies
- Knowledge of CI/CD and Evergreen Technology management
- A good awareness of audit, compliance, change control processes and procedures. Candidates will have spent a part of their career working in a mature organization with a well-developed audit control framework.
- Extensive experience of supporting largescale infrastructures including availability, latency, performance, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning.
Skills & Experience Desirable:
- Project management skills. A candidate with a proven ability to be able to present, plan, budget, design and implement would be preferred
- Hosted e-mail solutions.
- Working knowledge of Digital Client Technologies such as VMWare, VDI and Citrix
- Working knowledge of SAN technologies
- Development knowledge C#, VB, Python, etc.
- Exposer to test automation tools sure as (Cucumber, Jenkins, GITLab, Add mobile here)
- Strong analytical skills and a solid understanding of supporting production environments and associated release | change | incident management processes
- Demonstrate an ability to work well as part of a global team, and on their own when required.
- Good Interpersonal skills including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm and proven rapid learning capability
- Good English written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to cope well under pressure and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
Nomura is an Equal Opportunity Employer