Digital Product Owner - New Business IncubationPosted: 10 Jan 2022Closes: 9 Feb 2022 London, United Kingdom Competitive with great benefits Permanent & Full-time -1656713383 Your title
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
There are two things that we want to share with anyone considering joining us.
Firstly, we've got big ambitions for our colleagues and the future of the organisation. These include our vision that inclusion and accessibility drive every conversation we have and every decision we make. We want our workforce to fully represent the communities and customers we serve, because a diverse business is a better business. We value every colleague, their diversity and the contribution that they make. When we say you're welcome at BT, we really mean it.
Secondly, the one thing the pandemic has taught us is that a lot of current and future colleagues, where and when possible, want to embrace hybrid working. Therefore, we are introducing smart working at BT. Smart working means having the flexibility to choose, as a team, how and where you work depending on your team's deliverables and needs; when you are at your shared core location to connect with others and when not. It may not be for every role, and, as part of the recruitment process, you'll have the chance to discuss smart working and how it might work for the job you are applying for.
We're looking for a talented, self-starting Digital Product Owner with great leadership, drive and passion for digital to join our growing team and become a key part of our digital transformation.
You will be responsible for owning and developing the product strategy, vision and roadmap for one or more new Digital Products. This may include a revenue target or driving contact reduction across our Service Centres. You will set the vision and priorities and drive a collection of agile squads to deliver against those targets. You will be ultimately accountable for the customer experience of your product(s).
You will be responsible for creating a consistent customer experience across a number of different journeys to ensure your product meets the needs of the customers first and also helps our business stakeholders meet their targets. You'll need to manage conflicting priorities across multiple stakeholder groups and prioritise the roadmap in a way that delivers the best outcomes for the customers, colleagues and the company.
What you'll be doing
• You'll work with a range of customers, stakeholders and businesses across multiple areas to understand needs and translate them into product requirements.
• You will create, manage and regularly iterate a roadmap and backlog for your squad.
• You will define user stories for all new product deliveries and manage the priority of the backlog.
• You'll be responsible for creating (where relevant) and owning digital metrics such as sales, revenue, conversion rate, basket value, etc for your product.
• You'll work with conflicting priorities and use insight and analytics to make informed decisions.
• You'll communicate clearly, transparently and concisely with stakeholders and tell your squad's story.
• You'll have a collaborative way of working, breaking down any barriers to move relationships forward.
• You'll drive the execution of the product roadmap working with multi-location development teams to deliver in rapid increments.
• You'll lead on competitor research and benchmarking analysis; incorporating findings into future roadmap.
Who you are
• Previous experience in Product Ownership role(s), preferably digitally focussed.
• Understanding of agile methodologies and experience of working in or leading an agile squad.
• Experience working in Jira and Confluence or similar.
• A basic understanding of how modern technologies work and how systems interact with each other.
• Strong stakeholder management and communication skills. Experience in leading with authority, negotiation and influencing skills are a huge plus.
• Able to work with peers, cross functional teams and very senior stakeholders to deliver the product vision.
• Data driven, excellent knowledge of product KPIs, and have the ability to draw insight from the numbers and translate to product and business requirements.
• Driven to understand and learn their product, its features and the underlying technical composition.
What we can offer you
• Competitive salary
• 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
• 10% on target bonus
• Option to join the Healthcare Cash Plan
• Pension scheme
• Shares Plan
• Flexible benefits: cycle to work, childcare vouchers, healthcare, etc.
• Discounted BT products JoinDigital
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about what it's like to work at BT
How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application! If you would like help and advice about applying for this role please visit the Career Hive