Chief Growth Officer
Competitive based on experience
New Business has always been the lifeblood of Mediacom in the UK and this, along with our unwavering commitment to our people has seen us twice been named Campaign's Media Agency of the Decade (2009 + 2019), due to our consistent record of excellence. Campaign concluded we have the complete package: top UK and international clients, award-winning work, good new-business performance and retention, admirable succession planning, a powerful culture, geographical spread in offices across the UK and, importantly, a willingness to promote diversity.
We are now looking to cement our long-standing success in new business by appointing our first Chief Growth Officer to ensure we deliver the growth ambitions of our business
This role will be a key player in our EXCO leadership team and will design and deliver strategies to drive a best in class prospecting strategy and a winning approach to new business conversion. You will set the agenda, inspire our teams and roll your sleeves up to ensure it's delivered.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience of driving growth, including identifying opportunities in untapped markets including fast-growing "new economy" clients who are more performance oriented.
You will be a strategic thinker with extensive knowledge of the media landscape, with the ability to build out a compelling proposition around our global vision of seeing the bigger picture.
You will lead the way in ensuring we are positioning new and existing products to ensure our vision is a differentiator in our new business offering. You will also work closely with other GroupM and WPP agencies to build solutions that integrate capabilities across the group, to better deliver solutions for prospects.
You will excel and thrive on understanding our prospective clients' businesses, and you are skilled at working out exactly how we can add value to our clients and tell a story about how we can accelerate growth in a way that is compelling.
With a track record of excelling in a highly complex and competitive marketplace, our ideal candidate is as obsessed by storytelling excellence as they are winning. In line with our people first philosophy It's critical that you enjoy communicating with and motivating people as well as being passionate about creating opportunities for our talent to get involved in new business.
As a leader, your desire to win will be infectious and instil a winning mentality across the agency, inspiring others to follow you, even when the journey is difficult. You understand how to build out talent and resources into winning teams with fresh ideas and renewed passion for each project.
You are also able to collaborate whilst exerting influence on internal and external stakeholders, aligning them to our vision and driving results.
What you will be doing
- Oversee the operations of all new business pitches as required and directly lead major new business pitches.
- Expand a world-class new business practice across all five UK offices - Build upon Mediacom's current new business approach and capabilities.
- Establish an inspiring new business strategy and clear way of working to accelerate new business wins
- Evolution of Mediacom 'seeing the bigger picture' narrative to differentiate Mediacom and lead to pitch conversion
- Guidance and quality control of Mediacom's written pitch materials, collateral and presentations for new business pitches
- Build innovative, differentiating, and profitable commercial models, fit for emerging client needs which fuel growth
- Lead, develop and implement an assertive, differentiating prospecting approach and strategy; recommend to leadership when and when not to pursue an opportunity.
- Support the CEO and MD in converting organic growth opportunities in existing clients.
- Support the COO and CDO in converting potential revenue from new product offerings.
- Lead communication and coordination with GroupM and WPP - Work with WPP's and GroupM's Chief Growth Officers to expand our opportunities, making Mediacom top-of-mind for the biggest prospects and placing us more at the forefront of integrated team models.
- Leverage Marketing to Accelerate Growth Opportunities:
- Partner with our Head of Marketing acting as both a spokesperson and thought leader to accelerate effective communication of <...