Infrastructure Engineer, 45,000 - 50,000 Wimbledon
We're excited to be partnered with a reputable organisation who is currently recruiting for 2 Infrastructure Engineers to join their IT Network Services team and work in a hybrid model of remote / home working and onsite (2 days per week).
The successful Infrastructure Engineer will need to bring Microsoft expertise to the role and be responsible for the design, implementation, and support of their systems. This role is 60% BAU and 40% projects focused, and the projects will be centred around their transition to Azure Cloud rather than on premise services. The Infrastructure Engineer will work as part of a highly talented team responsible for 200 servers (almost all virtual).Day to day duties for the Infrastructure Engineer:
- Providing expert advice and guidance across a range of areas including Windows Server, Directory Services, and Group Policy Management Systems.
- Utilising expert technical knowledge of Windows Server operating systems, storage technology and Active Directory to support design, implementation, and maintenance of Windows-based solutions.
- Implementation and maintenance of infrastructure security, across all systems, with minimal or remediated functional impact.
- Utilising an in-depth technical knowledge in, and experience of, server and desktop virtualisation.
- A minimum of five years' successful experience of working in a technical role within a large, complex data communications /server management environment, supporting Microsoft operating system and Active Directory
- Familiar with supporting and migrating services to Microsoft Azure
- Experience of managing enterprise class VMware virtualised environments and VDI Horizon
- Strong experience of delivering and supporting LAN and WAN Infrastructures in an Microsoft Active Directory multi-server operating environment consisting of ~4000 users
If you have the above experience and want to be part of a fast-paced technology team this could be a great role for you.
To discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail, please APPLY NOW
for a no obligation chat with your VIQU Consultant. Additionally, you can contact Danielle Keegan
, by exploring the VIQU IT Recruitment website
If you know someone who would be ideal for this role, by way of showing our appreciation, VIQU is offering an introduction fee up to 1,000
once your referral has successfully started work with our client (terms apply).
To be the first to hear about other exciting opportunities, technology and recruitment news, please also follow us at 'VIQU IT Recruitment' on LinkedIn,
and Twitter: @VIQU_UK