We are seeking an ambitious and passionate audit senior to join our audit department which provides a wide range of advisory, audit and accounting services to our clients.
To become part of the team which provides a wide range of advisory, audit and accounting services to our clients.
The Audit Senior will be primarily responsible for the following tasks:
- Preparing financial documents, audit reports, accounts, tax returns;
- Identifying and communicating accounting and auditing matters to managers;
- Conducting assigned audit engagements successfully from beginning to end;
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Our audit seniors are also given the opportunity to manage a small portfolio of jobs which helps develop them for the next stage in their development and career progression.
The applicant should be able to demonstrate the following skills and behaviours:
- Demonstrate a passion for delivering quality and ensures that client needs are met, benefitting both the client and the firm.
- Defines performance measures and continuously looks to assess, improve and achieve objectives.
- Sets priorities, defines activities, gives responsibilities and plans work so that results are achieved on time.
- Seeks self-development and provides support that enables others to develop within the firm
- Works cooperatively with others, positively influences them and ensures team participation to support the firm's goals.
- Thinks widely and laterally to identify and consider different options before determining the best solution.
- Listens to, understands and communicates confidently with others in a clear, concise, polite and purposeful way.
- Motivates self and others to succeed for the benefit of the firm.
In addition to the above the individual should be organised and commercially minded. They should display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to establish credibility with Partners and clients.
Audit and Accounts Team - Harrogate
Education and experience
- Minimum 2-4 years auditing and accounting experience.
- ACA, ACCA qualified or equivalent with good pass rates in the professional exams.
- Ability to identify, research and help to resolve complex audit issues.
- Ability to manage, develop, train, and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews
- Technically strong with a good knowledge of accounting and auditing standards
The Harrogate office is situated close to the centre of Harrogate, in modern friendly offices. We advise a wide range of commercial businesses, private individuals and not-for-profit organisations across Yorkshire and the North East of England, and have strong links with the professional and financial community of Leeds, the financial capital of the region. We have a strong reputation in the area and our client base prominently feature owner-managed, small and mid-cap businesses, and private and estate clients. They generally need both personal and company tax advice, as well as business and strategic help and we work with clients to create integrated solutions across their related financial and business affairs. In other cases, we apply our expertise to their specific concerns, often working alongside other professionals in the process
- Annual salary market rate depending upon experience.
- We are able to offer a dynamic and varied workload and excellent prospects for progression.
- Salary review annually in October.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu.
- 23 days annual leave. In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year, subject to partner approval.
- Life assurance cover of three times salary, which you may increase to four times salary under the flexible benefits programme.
- Group Personal Pension Scheme: under the requirements of pension auto-enrolment you will be automatically enrolled into the Group Personal Pension scheme (4% employer contribution, 4% employee contribution).
- 6 month probationary period.
- Eligibility for the firm's Profit Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm.
- Access to a number of other benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefits programme, which include; health screening/GP support, critical illness cover and private medical insurance.