The Global Head of Payroll will lead the payroll function globally for RELX. The scope for RELX Payroll includes all 5 divisions of RELX (Corporate, Scientific Technical and Medical, Legal, Risk and Exhibitions), as well as any acquired companies going forward.
They will ensure accurate and prompt processing of global payroll for all countries in which we have employees, in compliance with the applicable regulatory environment.
They will manage all RELX payroll teams and lead global transformation efforts to consolidate payroll vendors, processes, and responsibilities to create a centralised payroll function in alignment with RELX's strategic goals. Accountabilities
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of global payments (including relevant deductions for employment taxes, other statutory deductions, benefits and other items) and funding.
- Develop and document processes, controls and governance to ensure compliance with applicable regulations as they may be amended from time to time.
- Ensure each country payroll provides a secure, accurate, and compliant payroll service and delivery of accurate payroll relating to RELX's globally mobile employee population.
- Develop a best in class employee experience for delivery of pay and reward
- Develop the global payroll strategy for the function and lead the implementation of it, including liaising with external third party vendors, ensuring each division of RELX aligns with the requirements of the newly created function.
- Build strong stakeholder relationships across RELX, notably Tax, Finance and Human Resources.
- Manage risks and develop robust systems of planning and delivering mitigations. You will serve as the ultimate point of contact for payroll escalations of a critical nature.
- Work closely with key vendor partners for the purpose of monitoring and evaluating payroll vendors on an ongoing basis. Ensure they are driving continuous improvement initiatives and ensuring systems and services provided are best-in-class and industry-leading.
- Lead the transformation efforts of the global payroll function.
- Manage the finances of the global payroll function including budgeting and forecasting.
- Provide expertise and knowledge on best practice and emerging market trends to ensure payroll systems and processes are operating at best in class level of automation, efficiency, effectiveness and scale.
- Develop a high performing global payroll team
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance / Accounting, or related experience or discipline
- 8-10 years of global payroll experience and other related processes/functions etc. vendor management, customer and employee experience, in multinational or international organisatons
- Expert in international payroll and compliance requirements, including payroll taxes, reporting and required filings, and cross border moves
- Experience of building, leading and developing a team of staff with different backgrounds and levels of expertise
- Experience of managing challenging situations that require rapid action to resolve
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience of building personal networks at a senior level. Ability to answer queries from C-Suite on complex pay matters
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in from exec-level employees
- Experience implementing large-scale payroll and operational transformations
- Good understanding of programme, financial, and operational management processes
- Demonstrated knowledge and deployment of next gen technologies for payroll etc. analytics, machine learning, robotic process automation and cloud solutions
- Experience using WorkDay and Zendesk
- Knowledge of Agile, and other related project management methodologies
RELX is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120..
- Location: London; Dayton, OH; New York, NY
- Type: Full time