DescriptionAre you looking for opportunities to work on high profile rail projects and advanced technology alongside experts from the around the globe? Come and join the fastest growing rail business in the world!
Hitachi Rail is a fully integrated, global provider of rail solutions across rolling stock, signalling, service & maintenance, digital technology and turnkey. With a presence in 38 countries across three continents and over 13,000 employees, our mission is to contribute to society through the continuous development of superior rail transport solutions. We are working to Inspire the Next - and this is your chance to be part of it.Your new role
In this exciting permanent role, with a flexible working location, but with the necessity to travel to London regularly - as the appointed systems RAMS lead for a high profile UK Rolling Stock project, you will have the following main responsibilities:
- Ensure system designs are developed and validated in compliance with EN50126 and all contractual requirements
- Review, Develop and validate RAM reports to ensure compliance to EN50126 and the RAM plan
- Establish systems integration models and develop reliability targets to support the development of Hitachi Rail's Design Management Strategy
- Develop Hitachi's maintenance philosophy into a working system that aids train set reliability through condition monitoring and intelligent diagnostics
- Take part and where necessary, facilitate maintenance optimisation work streams
- Collate and review supplier FMECA data across all projects
- Facilitate and take part in FMECA Workshops for train borne systems
- Assist in the development of and keep up to date a fleet reliability database using appropriate tools within Isograph reliability workbench
- Create Fault Tree Analysis, Event Tree Analysis and reliability block diagrams to aid development of the RAMS plan
- Provide predictive reliability forecasts to help yield targeted maintenance solutions for input into DRACAS
- Assist with the implementation of an LCC strategy to support the Optimisation plan
- Provide RAMS support throughout the project life cycle from concept design to validation and verification
- Develop reliability prediction models for associated systems and the rolling stock platform. Incorporate best practice and lessons learnt from within the wider Project Group
- Liaison with Hitachi and external partners as required completing the duties of the post
- Must be prepared to travel for short periods of time (up to 1 week) to support the project, this includes international travel
About youYou will have/be able to demonstrate.....
- Other duties as required by the line manager.
- Strong understanding of EN50126 and associated RAMS methodology
- Practical knowledge of Reliability theory and modelling processes for highly complex projects
- Experienced user of Isograph reliability workbench modules
- Outstanding Safety Awareness gained in a safety critical operational environment
- Robust knowledge and experience of engineering standards and regulations
- Advanced IT skills - typically Word, Excel (Macros), Access (Database development)
- Excellent report writing and communication capabilities
- CEng or working toward charted status
- Practical experience working within an Integrated Project Team as part of a joint venture
- Engineering test, approvals and commissioning experience preferably gained from Implementation of large engineering projects
- Experience of delivering engineering support while working within a maintenance team in a modern rolling stock environment
- Reading electrical, pneumatic, mechanical schematics and drawings ability
- Sound knowledge of, and compliance to, rules and regulations (internal and external)
- Able to represent Hitachi in a professional manner at all times
- Proven experienced technical leader with very strong leadership skills and self-awareness
- Calm and diplomatic under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to interface effectively with all levels of personnel both within and outside the company
- Degree or equivalent qualified engineer or equivalent proven railway experience
- Membership of a recognised accredited engineering body
Why Hitachi Rail?
- Chartered status or evidence of working towards it
At Hitachi Rail you will find a passionate and collaborative environment. We operate according to our values of Harmony, Sincerity and Pioneering Spirit. As such, we work closely as a team and empower our colleagues to take ownership and become creative in our pursuit of excellence. We take pride in the contribution we make to society and we always act with integrity and fairness towards our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
We offer a competitive salary and annual leave entitlement as well as a generous benefits package. This includes a pension scheme with contributions up to 9%, health insurance, and many more perks for you to choose from within a flexible plan that will meet your specific needs and lifestyle.
If you like the sound of the above and feel energised by the idea of joining a great brand at a moment of exciting expansion, please apply now. We look forward to hearing from you!