Description Position at MediaCom
MediaCom unleashes brands' growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique 'Systems Thinking' philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP's consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing 'People First, Better Results' culture. We know that by investing in our people's whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients' businesses.
In 2021 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Adweek and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being Eurobest's current Media Network of the Year and the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world's leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here: www.mediacom.com
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*
We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic programmatic specialist to join MediaCom Worldwide as a Programmatic Manager, leading optimisation, strategy and campaign performance.
This is an opportunity to become part of a specialist team with an international remit across truly global advertisers. We have an integrated approach to planning and you would gain exposure to all media channels with the opportunity to feed insights back into programmatic strategies.
The Mediacom Worldwide Programmatic team services both centrally executed campaigns in multiple languages as well as coordinating and supporting strategic directions across markets. The Programmatic Manager will report into a Programmatic Account Director.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Trader to step up into a Manager role and manage a team of traders, ranging from entry level executives to senior trader level. The day to day responsibilities includes project managing the output of the team as well as liaising between major stakeholder groups: the centralized Mediacom planning teams, local markets & the client. It is essential that the person in this role expresses an interest in the industry and is confident in discussing complex elements of programmatic to senior stakeholders.
Programmatic Associate Director
London, with travel (as required by the job)
Competitive based on experience
Objectives of the Role:
The Programmatic Manager will have extensive, proven and detailed knowledge and experience in Programmatic and DSP implementations. They will be familiar with and have experience of multiple Programmatic tools, campaign delivery and participate actively in Programmatic discussions with clients and internal teams.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability:
1. Campaign supervision/ Optimisation
- Oversee and ensure best-in-class campaign activation across relevant accounts, ensuring traders are operating at the highest standard and delivering highest quality output on each and every campaign
- Take a proactive role, supervising campaign activation and optimisation rigor, supporting executives, optimisers and senior optimisers across all clients.
- Train and support specialist campaign traders to increase knowledge across the department.
- Support the teams in demonstrating effectiveness of approach and outcomes in relation to optimisation strategies implemented, working in close partnership with PBU managers, who work directly with clients.
- Create templates and proven methodologies for optimisation approach for key trading tactics, covering training curriculum, certifications, DSP intensives, optimisation logs, budget trackers, and PowerPoint slides, supporting the team, and drive adoption across PBU team.
- Create, lead and implement optimisation products and services, unique to MediaCom.
2. Operating and Technical Requirements
- Having an overview of day-to-day running of live campaigns.
- Support the traders to ensure financial accuracy, integrating the planning and buying process, and reconciliation of spends, including client terms and programmatic fees, via buying templates and processes.
- The appropriate use of tools to drive accountability in programmatic buying, operational efficiencies and actionable business insights; with the scoping of agreed client outputs.
- Drive revenue growth through spotting new optimisation opportunities, services or products and delivering excellent results.
- Share learnings, templates and relevant products across MediaCom Connected Execution digital teams, that drive integration and systems thinking in campaign activation.
3. People Management
- The ability to motivate and train individuals, and be a key stakeholder in the development of junior staff.