- A leading investment bank is looking to recruit a Deputy Head of Privacy
- London / Hybrid
About Our Client
An investment bank with an excellent reputation in the market is growing their legal team with the addition of Deputy Head of Privacy - Senior Counsel in their London office. This award-winning bank has offices throughout Europe and the Middle East, with a legal team based in their London office.
Reporting to the Head of Legal & Privacy, the Deputy Head of Privacy - Senior Counsel will lead on all commercial privacy matters for the group.
Your responsibilities will include supporting the general group but also supporting with regards to the privacy matters related to new product launches.
This will include but not be limited to:
- Provision of data protection advice and guidance to the business.
- Provision of education on important compliance requirements throughout the company.
- Manage data protection related audits, reviews and remediation projects to ensure compliance and address potential issues pro-actively.
- Advise on data breaches and liaise with the ICO.
- Ensure that the processing of personal data is documented in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, including:
- drafting and updating of the Company's Privacy Statements, both internal and public
- reviewing and negotiating data processing agreements with the firm, with third party suppliers and with clients
- reviewing and drafting policies and procedures
- reviewing legitimate interest assessments and data protection impact assessments.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a qualified solicitor in England & Wales and be registered on the Roll of Solicitors. You will have obtained training at a recognised law firm or in-house establishment.
You will have excellent knowledge of Data Protection & GDPR - practitioners qualification (CIPPE CIPM) would be advantageous but not a requisite.
In-house experience within Financial Services would be welcome - particularly commercial knowledge of wholesale financial services.
What's on Offer
Excellent package to reflect seniority and scope of the role.
ContactSamantha McGawleyQuote job refJN-012022-4569935Phone number+44 20 7269 2243Job summarySectorLegalSubsectorData protectionIndustryFinancial ServicesLocationLondonContract typePermanentConsultant nameSamantha McGawleyConsultant phone+44 20 7269 2243Job referenceJN-012022-4569935