Job Title:Structuring Analytics Job Code:1207506
Skill Category:Global Markets
Location:Singapore Client Job Ref: Job Type:Permanent
Post Start Date:22 Nov 2021
Post End Date: Job Summary:Nomura Overview
Nomura is a global financial services group with an integrated network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking), and Investment Management. Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit Business Overview:
The AEJ Structuring team is based in Singapore, Hong Kong and Korea, and delivers bespoke solutions to clients' hedging / investment requirements across all asset classes - Foreign Exchange, Rates, Hybrids, Credit and Equity. The team engages in end-to-end deal modelling that involves pricing of structured payoffs, suggesting and marketing trade ideas to sales/clients and prepare relevant documentation.
The Structuring Analytics Group is part of the AEJ Structuring team and is responsible for creating next generation digital and technology solutions to help scale and drive the growth of the business.Position Specifications:
The candidate will be part of the Structuring Analytics group and will work closely with Structurers, Traders & Sales teams to deliver technology, data and reporting solutions within the Fixed Income Structured Products space. The candidate will be involved in a range of strategic digital solutions and initiatives involving process-automation, data-based insights, pricing solutions and machine learning applications with a focus to scale business and reduce operational risk and inefficiencies.
The candidate will be responsible for implementation, delivery and support of all such solutions. While working closely with the Structuring team, it is expected that he/she would (over time) learn and pick up knowledge around the business itself.
Note that the position doesn't have a fixed boundary and would provide ample opportunity for any self-motivated individual to move up the ladder and understand the world of structuring gradually while providing support and development solutions to the businessJob Responsibilities:
- Design and build robust analytical toolsets efficient, reusable and scalable solutions for daily business reporting and monitoring requirements and facilitation of data-driven analysis / decision-making.
- Maintain and support the automation infrastructure
- Able to do ETL and processing of large datasets using data-analytic tools and visualization tools / dashboards (PowerBI)
- Deliver high quality code within the committed deadlines. Adhere to the best coding practices that reduce technical debt
- Self-drive to identify gaps and strengthen current processes and controls
- Deep dive on new technologies / solutions in exploratory phase. Propose and demonstrate workable solutions through POCs
- Understand business requirements and exhibit good balance between speed of delivery v/s robustness of solutions.
- Strong work ethics and communication skills
- Able to collaborate internally with teams within Global Markets and across divisions
- Minimum a Bachelors' degree in Computer Science/Quantitative Finance/Mathematics/Finance/Economics from an accredited education institution
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in banking or financial services firms, with prior knowledge of all asset classes: Foreign Exchange, Rates, Hybrids, Credit and Equity.
- Must have Python Programming, Excel/VBA skills, data and ETL skills and experience with Relational, no-SQL Databases; Understanding of DevOps concepts: unit testing, Source control (Git), CI / CD, Change and release management
- Knowledge of data visualization tools (PowerBI, Tableau) and dashboards
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting abilities and capable of learning new technologies quickly
- A strong commercial mentality, willingness to learn and an good attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment managing multiple stakeholders and conflicting deadlines
- Understanding of options, derivatives, option pricing theory and Structured products is a plus
- Working experience with Totoro and Fingal is a plus
- Experience with low level language (C++, Java, C#) is a plus
- Experience on Machine Learning projects and Cloud Services usage is a plus
- Understanding of memory management, multi-threading - concurrency and synchronization is a plus
- Flair for system design and architecture
- Good creativity and lateral thinking skills
- Good marketing and presentation skills
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.DISCLAIMER
: This Job Description is for reference only, and whilst this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, it is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. The management reserves the right to revise the job and may, at his or her discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.