Working within the Charities division of the Business Advisory Group (BAG), you will be part of a small friendly team and will be responsible for a portfolio of charity and other Not-for-profit clients, reporting to the charities partners and managing teams of qualified audit seniors and trainees. Your portfolio will incorporate a wide variety of clients with incomes from 250,000 to 15million.
In addition to audit, the role may include internal controls reviews, due diligence and providing accounting support and advice to clients. You will also take an active role in the preparation and presentation of tenders for new work.
Our Not-for-Profit practice has grown significantly in recent years and we now act for in excess of 400 charities and other not-for-profit organisations, including grant-making, children's and environmental charities as well as independent schools and livery companies.
There will be opportunities to become involved in training and to help with charity marketing events.
There are excellent promotion prospects for the successful candidate.
We offer accounting, audit and assurance, business advisory, corporate finance, forensic and litigation, outsourcing, tax and VAT services. We act for businesses and individuals both in the UK and internationally. Our staff work regularly and closely with their colleagues in our regional offices to provide a seamless service to clients, wherever they are located.
Our London office is home to more than 40 partners and 350 members of staff.
The successful applicant will be friendly and approachable with an ambitious and resilient mindset. Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills are important attributes. The position will require a high level of ability and commitment, with the flexibility to work additional hours as required. Candidates should be self-motivated, display a positive approach and strive for high quality in everything. In addition, they should possess the confidence and professionalism to establish credibility at all levels, be commercially minded and have a clear perception of client requirements.
Candidates should be ACA/ACCA qualified with a good exam record. The successful candidate will possess a wide range of audit experience. The successful candidate will have a good knowledge of current issues within the charities sector. Experience of auditing and advising charities is highly desirable, but not essential. Knowledge of the Charities SORP as well as the VAT and tax issues affecting charities would be useful, but is not essential.
The firm will provide training and support to help develop the successful candidate's specialist knowledge and capabilities.
Key systems used are MS Teams, Excel, Word, CCH Audit Automation and CCH Accounts Production.
- A 35-hour working week
- Flexible working arrangements (core hours) upon successful completion of probationary period
- Working from home allowance of 25 a month.
- Eligibility for the firm's Profit Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm.
- Competitive annual salary depending upon experience.
- Eligibility for manager's bonus scheme.
- Eligibility for firm's private medical insurance upon successful completion of probation
- Twenty-five days annual leave (pro-rata).
- Option of a company car on salary sacrifice basis
- In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days holiday a year, subject to manager approval.
- Life assurance cover of four times salary
- Group Personal Pension scheme: you will be automatically enrolled into our Group Personal Pension scheme (4% employer contribution, 4% employee contribution)
- Interest free season ticket loan on completion of probationary period.
- Six-month probationary period
- Access to a number of other benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, which include; health screening/GP support, critical illness cover and spouse life assurance.
- Reward gateway includes benefits such as discounted retail, travel & activities.