Job Title:Programme Manager, Risk Management Enhancement- Executive Director Job Code:1208296
Skill Category:Portfolio HQ
Location:EMEA Client Job Ref: Job Type:Permanent
Post Start Date:3 Dec 2021
Post End Date: Job Summary:JOB DESCRIPTIONJob title: Programme Manager, Risk Management EnhancementJob Description: Senior Programme Manager responsible for the delivery of the key parts of Risk Management Enhancement Programme (RMEP) Corporate Title: Executive Director Department: Portfolio Office: Programme DeliveryLocation: London, Tokyo, Singapore, New YorkCompany overview
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.comDepartment overview:
The Programme Delivery team, within the Project Portfolio Office, is responsible for the delivery of cross-functional, global programmes. Based in the Chief Transformation Office, the team provides consistent governance and oversight and is not functionally aligned, thereby ensuring impartiality when servicing multiple functions.
The team works very closely with Risk, Finance, Ops and GM Change teams, which consist of full time project managers and business analysts with responsibility for delivering mainly function-specific projects. All teams work closely with their stakeholders and sponsors in the line and maintain close working relationships with Technology partners, both internal and external.Key Priorities for the Project Portfolio Office:
- Two core areas of delivery within the Project Portfolio Office currently are Data and Digital Transformation and the Risk Management Enhancement Programme.
- Data and Digital Transformation is Nomura's core strategic transformation initiative to deliver a future state operating model built off the foundations of Data Strategy, Cloud Strategy and the IT Functional Architecture.
- This is a data led initiative that is looking to fundamentally transform the lifecycle of data front to back across the organisation across the highest priority data concepts.
- Risk Management Enhancement Programme is the programme of work which has been committed to the regulators in response to the US Client incident earlier in the year.
- This initiative is a firm wide top priority given the regulatory scrutiny regarding this book of work and ultimately a critical success factor for this programme is that it is built off the strong foundations delivered through the Data and Digital Transformation
- A key priority for the Project Portfolio Office will be to build an integrated roadmap between Data and Digital Transformation and the Risk Management Enhancement Programme
Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- Given the scale and scope of the work required Nomura is hiring multiple positions across the Risk Management Enhancement Programme (RMEP) so is looking for Programme managers who have experience in working on large cross functional regulatory initiatives with the ability to be flexible and adaptable to a changing environment.
- Responsible for managing and working with project managers, both locally and in other regions
Involvement in and management of multiple projects within the RMEP according to the prescribed project governance framework
- Work closely with the subject matter experts in the line such as Risk Management and Global Markets as well as with colleagues in IT, who may only be partially dedicated to these projects
- Provision of clear, proactive communications to the PMs and the wider project team, the SMEs and key stakeholders, and sponsors
- Both attend and lead frequent meetings with the Project Team, Technology, SMEs and stakeholders
- The role requires a hands-on approach and the projects have a number of aggressive deadlines to meet
- Confident self-starter who can work under pressure, using their own initiative and with the drive to work to aggressive deadlines and to see tasks through to completion
- Desire and ability to challenge the status quo and drive forward change, with a keen ability to think laterally
- Very strong attention to detail and high quality standards relating to presentations and documentation, processes and the control environment
- Experience in developing and maintaining delivery roadmaps that incorporate technical change and operating model enhancements
- Delivery of high priority and measurable business benefits as part of transformation initiatives, ensuring that the operational benefits are achievable and delivered to a high standard
- A proven track record in leading large global teams delivering large and complex end-to-end business and IT enabled transformation on at least two $10m+ programmes
- Ability to convert business strategy and regulatory commitments into projects that deliver measurable operational outcomes and to build portfolios of projects that are logically structured to deliver major transformation
- Leading your programme from the front, building extensive relationships across the organisation, making first and lasting impressions with gravitas and confidence
- Experience in producing detailed budgets for complex programmes, ensuring complete buy-in from all contributors and consumers
- Excellent communicator and influencer, able to build sustained relationships with colleagues at all levels from a range of departments, business areas and cultures
- Skilled at delivering clear messages and able to simplify complex notions, ensuring all stakeholders can absorb and exploit the benefits of the change programme's transformation initiatives
- Positive and resilient attitude and able to demonstrate passion and enthusiasm for business transformation to your team and to business and IT stakeholders
- Experience of working on Front office projects, Industry & Regulatory Initiatives or for projects in multiple different corporate functions is advantageous
- Experience of some or all of the following would be extremely beneficial:
- Risk metrics - including VaR, SVaR, RWA, ESF and Risk Models and Methodology in general
- Good understanding of the evolving regulatory environment and its challenges