Reporting directly to the Head of State Street Digital the Global Head of Product is responsible for all product strategy, definition, development and deployment of digital asset services and solutions leveraging innovative technology - in particular distributed ledger, tokenization and smart contracts technologies- for State Street Digital.
State Street Digital is a new division focused on addressing the industry's evolving shift to digital finance. The Global Head of Product is a strategic role within State Street Digital and will define the product roadmap for the new division.
This individual manages a global team of product managers, project managers and subject matter experts who collaborate with State Street business and technology teams as well as directly engage with clients to research and advance innovative product solutions from concept to development to deployment. At present the Head of Product has five direct reports and six indirect reports across North America, EMEA and APAC. This individual would be expected to grow the team substantially in the near term.
This individual would work in close collaboration with the CTO of State Street Digital to determine the initial design of the digital tech stack for State Street and then evolve that technology stack over time in response to changing customer demand to deliver new capabilities. In addition, this individual would work closely with the Head of State Street Digital, the CTO and State Street's M&A team to identify, evaluate and acquire organizations whose capabilities are complementary or additive to the State Street Digital.
This unique role requires both in-depth end user knowledge and a familiarity with State Streets current service spectrum as well as a deep appreciation and understanding of the next generation technologies and foundational steps of digital transformation initiatives.
The specific areas of focus include:
- Digital Custody
- Crypto Currencies
- Payments and CDBCs
- Digital Asset Exchange/Trading
In addition to executing on the following ongoing digital asset and distributed ledger related initiatives:
Why this role is important to us
- Digital Sub Custody/Crypto ETF servicing
- DLT/Smart contract application to FX Forward mark to market and variation margin calculation industry project
- Fnality Global Payment System industry consortium
The function that this individual is responsible for is critical to the overall success of State Street Digital. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on State Street to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need talented and experienced individuals that will define the future for State Street and its customers. In this role you will strive for nothing less than to design and build the financial infrastructure of the future.What you will be responsible for
The Head of Product for State Street Digital State Street Digital will:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Manage a global product function to drive the development of innovative new product and service solutions, validate value propositions and define business cases for new product concepts such as tokenization, and managing digital asset portfolios
- Drive research and analysis of client and industry trends to assess the impact on market structure and State Street - for its asset management and asset servicing businesses
- Provide expertise to businesses and functions with respect to digital assets and crypto
- Generate and validate new product ideas based on market research and engagement with Technology partners, Business teams and clients as appropriate, and drive the digital asset strategic priorities definition
- Execute and influence on proposed solutions by defining business and functional requirements and then directly interfacing with technology teams to shepherd development including creating a roadmap with clear achievable milestones and realistic success criteria
- Identify and execute on M&A and partnership opportunities.
- Be an outstanding communicator and represent State Street Digital at industry events, participate in press interviews and act as an ambassador for State Street Digital both outside and within the corporation.
- Significant working knowledge of blockchain protocols, digital assets, digital asset exchange and crypto through direct experience with the technology
- Significant experience in trading and risk management services, e.g. FX services, and understanding of governance processes to drive implementation of service or tech changes
- Strong expertise in settlement or custody services and other global custody product models
- Experience in driving innovation from ideation through to design and development
- Excellent presentation, communications and influencing skills
- Proven ability to build relationships with internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial attitude, with experience in fintech or fast-paced corporate environments a plus
- Substantial experience of building and managing globally distributed teams
- Additional language skills in addition to English a plus
Job InfoType: Full time
Location: London, England