Job Title:Regional Risk Change Lead - Project Manager Job Code:1205960
Location:Singapore Client Job Ref: Job Type:Permanent
Post Start Date:18 Oct 2021
Post End Date: Job Summary:Nomura Overview
Nomura is a Global financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its four business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking) and Merchant Banking. Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit .Function Overview
The Risk Management Department at Nomura is broadly organised according to the main risk classes; Credit Risk Management, Market Risk Management, and New Products/Business.
The Risk Management team works to provide a firm wide capital management framework, which takes into account the availability and cost of capital, its effective utilization within and across business lines and the overall capital adequacy of the firm. Risk Management's key activities include ensuring transparency and effectively managing market, credit, liquidity, concentration and tail risk within the risk appetite of the firm and monitoring the effectiveness of capital utilization through the use of limit structures, with an emphasis on stress testing and risk adjusted returns on capital efficiency measures.
The Risk Change function within Risk management manages regulatory and other strategic changes for various risk business functions. Working in Risk change gives a great opportunity to understand Nomura Risk businesses processes and domain. Risk Change partners with technology and business functions to support implementation of various risk solutions. Successful candidates will work within the Market Risk workstream and will work very closely with other global Risk Analysts, Risk middle office, Risk Technology, Global risk change team and other business functions to deliver various regulatory and strategic risk changes. Job Responsibilities:
The role is a hybrid between a regional lead of a small change team & project manager within the Risk Change Function to own one or more projects within the Risk Programme from inception through to delivery. The role will report to the global head of risk change and regional risk CAO. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Oversight & development of newly created regional risk change team, ensuring regional requirements are included in global projects.
- Ensuring project scope is agreed with senior stakeholders and managing the project scope throughout the project lifecycle.
- Managing all resources that form part of the delivery team for the project, incorporating all resources and their activities into clearly stated defendable plan for the project(s).
- Clearly defining success criteria for each stage of the project and ensuring successful completion of all tasks within the project plan on time and within budget. The overall project will be measured by adherence to delivering against a set of pre-agreed KPIs.
- Understanding and monitoring cross-project dependencies that may impact project delivery.
- Ensuring delivery of projects is in accordance with Nomura's project management governance protocols and standards.
- Effective stakeholder management relating to the project, ensuring through both day to day management, and in governance, that project status clearly articulated and timely in its delivery.
- Timely reporting of project status, issues, risks to various management team and governance forum as appropriate
- Understanding the front to back risk business processes allowing for optimal requirements gathering and synergies between projects.
- Leverage strong foundation of various risk concepts to manage delivery of business mandatory credit risk related changes
- Good communication skills and understanding of key risk business processes to support presentation of complex topics to senior management.
- Interprets the regulatory requirements in conjunction with various risk stakeholders to manage scoping of business requirements and delivery.
- Act as business gate keeper, control issues being raised to IT and work with the business to ensure issues are raised appropriately and are fully understood/agreed globally.
- Works with BAs to assists IT teams with an understanding of requirements and functional requirements specification.
- Good team player who would be required to work closely with the global business, IT, BAs, QA and development team throughout project lifecycle.
- Equivalent work experience of 7+ years ideally in Risk management as a Business analyst and/or Project manager.
- Some knowledge of risk metrics and risk methodologies.
- Experience managing & coaching junior members of change teams, including offshore.
- Experience in Wealth Management processes would be advantageous
- Excellent presentational, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at a range of levels within the organisation.
- Exposure to various Devop tools (e.g. Confluence, JIRA) to manage project deliverables
- Track record of managing requirements, delivery and testing in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness of delivery.
- Experience in defining Testing approach, test plan and test co-ordination.
- Proven experience facilitating the elicitation of requirements from end users and translating them to user, functional and non-functional requirements for Development Teams. Work with development teams (IT) to clarify that design meets requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of all Microsoft Office products, i.e. Word, Excel, Project, Power Point & Visio
Nomura is committed to an employment policy of equal opportunities, and is fundamentally opposed to any less favourable treatment accorded to existing or potential members of staff on the grounds of race, creed, colour, nationality, disability, marital status, pregnancy, gender or sexual orientation.DISCLAIMER
: This Job Description is for reference only, and whilst this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, it is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. The management reserves the right to revise the job and may, at his or her discretion, assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.