Capgemini Engineering combines, under one brand, a unique set of strengths from across the Capgemini Group: the world leading engineering and R&D services of Altran - acquired by Capgemini in 2020 - and Capgemini's digital manufacturing expertise. With broad industry knowledge and cutting-edge technologies in digital and software, Capgemini Engineering supports the convergence of the physical and digital worlds. Combined with the capabilities of the rest of the Group, it helps clients to accelerate their journey towards Intelligent Industry. Capgemini Engineering has more than 52,000 engineer and scientist team members in over 30 countries across sectors including aeronautics, automotive, railways, communications, energy, life sciences, semiconductors, software & internet, space & defence, and consumer products.
Capgemini Engineering is an integral part of the Capgemini Group, a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided every day by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50-year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of 16 billion.
Get the Future You Want | Our offer
Capgemini Engineering is looking for Test Lead to join team working on cutting-edge technologies.
- Defining the scope of testing and its phases within the context of each new feature or release in Agile Methodology.
- Keep track of the new requirements / change in requirements per release.
- Produce the Test Artefacts such as Test Strategy, Test Plan and Test Scenarios for every release.
- Drive the Test Execution through various test phases and produce the test execution reports to the project stakeholders.
- Defect Management: Tracking and tracing the defects identified and moving towards resolutions.
- Produce the release test completion reports to SIT and managing the Operations handover process.
- Managing risks and issues identified during the test phases updating stakeholder accordingly.
- Work along with test automation engineers to develop and maintain the automation framework.
- Ensure the timely delivery of different testing milestones and prepare/update the metrics dashboard at the end of a phase or at the completion of release.
- Collaborating with QA Analysts and Software Devs on developed solutions and Researching issues in software through testing.
- Continuous integration and development of test scripts aligning with existing Azure pipelines.
- Leadership skills are essential.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering preferred.
- Good knowledge and Experience in LDAP Database.
- Working knowledge on Java, JSP, LDAP, Oracle will be required.
- Exposure to any version control repository preferably SVN.
- Hands on experience on UNIX environment and Shell and Perl scripting.
- Extensive experience in API testing, Manual testing
- Formal design techniques and tools, e.g. Use Cases, UML
- Should be a team player with positive attitude and energy
- Comfortable in a high-pressure, delivery-focused environment
- Should be able to handle the tasks independently
- Reporting the work to Client on regular basis.
- Mentoring and guiding the team members.
- Must have Good communication skills.
- Onsite - Offshore experience required.
Diversity & Inclusion
Capgemini Engineering recognises the benefit that having a diverse workforce brings to our projects. We value applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. In order to support diversity in our hiring process, your application will be anonymised when shared with hiring managers to be reviewed against the position.
As a permanent employee of Capgemini Engineering you will have access to a range of benefits alongside your salary including an annual bonus scheme where you could share in the company's success. You will get 25 days paid holiday outside of the bank holidays, a pension scheme with employer contributions, options for private medical cover as well as life assurance and enhanced maternity/paternity pay. For some employees you will also be eligible to take part in our impressive employee referral scheme (2,500 per employee referred).
- Job Title Test Lead
- Vacancy Reference Number29402
- Work Site United Kingdom / Berkshire / Newbury
- Contract TypePermanent [Full-Time]
- Minimum number of years of experience required0 year or "beginner accepted"