Job Title:Finance Manager Short Description: Location:Welwyn Garden City Date Posted:10/1/2022MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
For tens of thousands of businesses and millions of consumers, PayPoint delivers innovative technology and services that make life a little easier. With the recent and sustained growth of the Group, the Finance Manager would be a key and influential member of the Finance team. The successful candidate would be responsible for all aspects of management reporting and analysis, delivering high quality financial information with the ability to present the story of business performance to senior stakeholders in an impactful way and shaping improvements to drive efficiency and accuracy for the wider business. The role has direct line management responsibility for a team of two management accountants. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTSEssential:
- Own and deliver high quality monthly management accounts to tight deadlines, managing a small team and presenting results to senior management.
- Work closely with and challenge the FP&A/Commercial Finance team, distilling complex information to provide a complete analysis of monthly performance against budget/forecast and articulate commercial drivers of revenue and cost trends with a clear understanding of opportunities and risks to influence wider decision-making.
- Challenge current ways of working to identify improvements, uncover and remedy root causes and achieve right first-time quality and accurate reporting through improved use of system tools and process automation in Microsoft Dynamics NAV, working closely with the Financial Systems team.
- Implement and maintain appropriate financial controls including monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations, ensuring timely review and follow up of actions.
- Reconcile and clear intercompany balances on a monthly basis and perform a system-driven monthly consolidation.
- Produce annual IFRS statutory accounts with support from the management accountants.
- Facilitate the annual and interim external audit, being the key point of contact with our external auditors and resolving queries in a timely way with the support of the wider finance team.
- Draft the annual Corporation Tax computations for review by the Tax Manager.
- Line manage the Management Accounting team, stretching them to the best of their ability, providing day-to day coaching and development to ensure they can progress to more senior positions in Finance, undertaking performance appraisals and supporting them with professional qualifications.
- Support with other ad-hoc projects as and when required with finance and other departments.
- Qualified Accountant with a recognised qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Driven to succeed and progress your career
- Track record in a relevant finance role with comparably high performance demands and drive for success
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel especially in the use of spreadsheets
- Experience of presenting data in a clear and precise manner to both financial and non-financial stakeholders
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Navision or another computerised accounting system
- Experience in producing management accounts and reporting and/or IFRS statutory accounts
- Well organised individual who is comfortable working to regular pressured deadlines with high attention to detail and an eye for accuracy.
- Adaptable and flexible to work to changing demands, driven to continuously improve and willing to roll sleeves up to deliver in a dynamic, fast-growing business.
- Demonstrable understanding of the key priorities for an efficient finance team.
- Proven ability to motivate and mentor team members.
- Innovative and analytical with the ability to identify, investigate and resolve issues and in turn influence the wider business.
- A team player who is approachable, able to hold others to account to deliver to agreed timescales and communicate effectively with financial and non-financial stakeholders across the business.
- Pro-active in their approach, taking ownership and responsibility for delivering results.