UK - London - Brentford, USA - New Jersey - WarrenPosted Date:
Jan 10 2022Role Summary
The VP Engineering and Wellness, Health & Safety is a Member of the Quality and Supply Chain Leadership Team, and responsible to lead Engineering and EHS (Environment, Health and Safety) globally for a 10bn GBP by revenue business with more than 20,000 employees. EHS responsibility is enterprise wide, while Engineering encompasses our 24 Consumer Healthcare operating sites.
This role provides enterprise leadership for the functions, defines standards to which the business will operate as well as the overall Wellness vision for the company, and implements management systems to positively impact business performance, where safety and wellbeing of our staff is at the core of business values.Key Accountabilities
- Influence and drive culture of health, safety and wellbeing within the Consumer Healthcare company.
- Directly supporting Business Units, encompassing Commercial, Supply Chain and R&D, developing and deploying global programs as drivers of corporate culture and functional capability.
- Custodian of technical capabilities and programs that enable the business to meet its upper quartile ambition in EHS performance and minimize operational, regulatory and reputational risk.
- Establish and execute functional strategy with talent and capability core to EHS and Engineering effectiveness.
- Being externally connected, leverage industry practice & maintain pace with evolution of the external environment & associated standards & expectations.
- Develop clear direction & a strategy for manufacturing site & warehouse automation, providing direction to the supply chain digitisation strategy, & lead the migration of operational technology through company separation.
- Provision of the system of internal control, governance & audit of EHS risks arising from business activities, & Corporate EHS risk governance, assurance & reporting.
- Lead transformation of policies, standards, guidelines & processes aligned to the new business structure & operating model.
- Lead operations in an ambitious journey to Carbon Net Zero.
Experience and Behaviours
- Engineering qualification, preferably to Master level, and accredited by a professional Engineering institute.
- EHS qualification preferred.
- MBA preferred.
- A global mindset, with multi-cultural experience, and a track record of successful delivery in a global arena.
- Broad multi-functional Supply Chain & Manufacturing Operations experience, with depth in EHS and Engineering.
- Change agile and experienced in leading global transformational initiatives across culture, functional capabilities and large Engineering projects.
- An inspirational and dynamic leader with experience of leading in a strong values-based organization.
- Proven track record of influencing at senior executive level, combined with deep knowledge of Supply Chain and business acumen.
- Expertise in digitization and automation, and preferably leadership experience in the deployment of enterprise-wide programs.
- Developing, deploying and embedding standards and processes with broad organizational impact.
- Risk management across Health, Safety & the Environment, property loss & business continuity.
- Expert knowledge in EHS & Engineering disciplines, systems & standards.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.