DescriptionIntegration QA EngineerAbout the Team at Hitachi
Hitachi Social Innovation addresses the world's most challenging social and environmental challenges. By focussing on more efficient usage of assets and systems, we extract value to reach outcomes that matter for business and society - what we call the double bottom line. Combining 100+ years of experience in operational technology (OT) and 60+ years in IT, we harness Hitachi's broad capabilities in R&D to deliver cutting edge AI and IOT solutions in the core areas of transport, manufacturing and energy.About Intelligent Fleet Decarbonisation
Part of SIB, Intelligent Fleet Decarbonisation (IFD) is providing solutions for commercial vehicle and public transport fleets across Europe, using a wider perspective on energy opportunities to improve fleet total cost of ownership and facilitate the transition to zero carbon. We aim to simplify and de-risk the process of switching to electric vehicles (EVs) by offering a comprehensive end-to-end approach, considering not just vehicles and charging infrastructure, but also financing, optimisation, energy procurement, as well as potential for energy storage and on-site generation.Role Overview
Hitachi is looking for an experienced Integration QA Engineer to join the Intelligent Fleet Decarbonisation Team. Reporting to the Operations Team and working closely with our Solution QA Lead.
You will also be required to travel to customer sites across the UK; working as our 'on the ground' representative and a key interface between our offsite teams (product, operations, etc.), 3rd parties and our customers - resolving key issues and guiding testing.
We are integrating complex software, hardware and vehicles, so you should be capable of understanding relatively complex data flows between multiple systems and be tenacious in being able to think through and document test scenarios.
We are seeking someone who is committed to supporting the best high-quality solutions to help with the decarbonisation of our society. Main Tasks & Responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- Provide quality assurance and support to our customer base on our range of integrated products
- Work directly with contractors and electrical engineers responsible for installing electric vehicle charging stations, and 3rd party software providers, to ensure our quality standards are maintained and accepted as part of their delivery to us
- You will be expected to be setting standards and best practices, both when working on your assigned projects but also across our portfolio
- Interaction with other QAs and supervising external contractors working on your or other projects
- Support and document our Quality Assurance practises and processes
- Work in partnership with our customers, partners, business and engineering teams to ensure the highest standards and levels of quality in our deliveries
- Function as part of engineering and operations teams
- In this role you will be required to travel to and spend extended periods on customer sites across the UK e.g., a bus depots.
- Demonstratable experience of the best practises for integration quality assurance within a fast-moving team and technology landscape.
- Understanding relatively complex data flows between multiple systems
- Be tenacious in being able to think through and document test scenarios
- Great interpersonal skills to be able to empathise and communicate with a wide range of customer relationships (drivers, depot operations, etc.)
- Proactive in solving problems, but doing so within a corporate structure and adhering to correct governance
- Detailed-focused, whilst being able to document and present summaries to senior management
- Ideally experience in EV charging systems
- Good understanding of software development and testing.
- Be willing and able to understand our solutions at a good technical level with the ability to identify user problems and unexpected system behaviour.
- You enjoy working with others and are comfortable giving and receiving feedback to help raise standards and drive continuous improvements in the team
- You work well in a team and are comfortable engaging with people in different roles
- Clear and concise documentation skills for communicating complex concepts to various levels of stakeholders
- Test automation frameworks, writing and executing user acceptance tests.
- Good verbal and written communication ability.
- Formal QA certification and exposure to recognised internal standards is highly desirable.
Company Funded Benefits
- Market competitive salary and discretionary bonus scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement - with the option to buy up to an additional 8 days per year
- A Holiday Banking scheme allowing you to bank untaken holiday to use another year
- Group Personal Pension
- Private Medical Insurance with self-funded option to cover family members
- Employee Assistance Programme available to all employees
- Personal Accident Insurance
Voluntary Benefits (funded by employee) including;
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym membership
- Dental insurance with option to include dependent children
- Health screening