About the opportunity:
Our Cities and Places business offers solutions across a full spectrum of services including urban development, architecture, structures and civils, building services and interior design. Within Cities and Places we are developing places for the future and integrating the smart, connected and secure architecture to facilitate future technology and the benefits it brings as we help our clients find new solutions.
This opportunity is to guide and support clients through the development of technical telecoms and electronic security solutions. You will be producing technical architecture and specifications within multi-disciplinary teams. Alongside project delivery and project management, work will include client engagement and bidding. You'll be working with a dynamic team in the delivery of innovative designs and costings to demanding project timescales, requiring a sharp customer focus in a competitive marketplace.
Principal role accountabilities:
- Supporting the design/technical lead for allocated projects, undertake the production of designs for projects and proposals, ensuring the proposed design conforms to approved standards, specifications, and safety requirements. Production and checking of work package documentation for projects with a right first-time quality culture.
- Production of costings for design solutions ensuring that compliant solutions at least cost are identified.
- Drive the development of innovation in our technical solutions for our clients, to meet their greatest challenges.
- Work closely with all stakeholders to provide detailed input to specific project programs ensuring innovation and technical excellence are effectively delivered to meet client needs.
- Work closely with the Project Managers, Planners and Cost Consultants to provide detailed input to specific project programs.
- Assist or lead in the role of Designer as identified in the CDM regulations, with particular attention to design risks following best practice risk elimination, management and control
A full understanding of the design / application of telecoms and security systems and installations used within the built environment and transportation service sectors and the associated safety requirements.
- Structured cabling solutions for Voice and Data services (fibre and copper);
- Comms room design including cabinet arrangement and population;
- IP telephony;
- PABX installations (digital and IP);
- Radio system installations (PMR and DMR);
- Power supply systems including PDU and UPS;
- Mobile telephony and DAS installations;
- Intercom systems;
- Public Address (including EPA) and Mass Notification systems, and
- the requirements of safety concepts in system and equipment design.
In addition, the above the ideal candidate will have an ability to:
Qualifications & Experience: Essential
- Delivers solutions;
- Be customer focused;
- Be a complex problem solver;
- Have a strategic mindset;
- Have excellent Interpersonal, communication and influencing skills;
- Have situational adaptability and be self-motivated;
- Be resilient;
- A passion for innovation and technical excellence;
- A Global Mindset and demonstrated ability to work across cultures and remotely with our Global Integrated
- Delivery teams;
- Excellent communication skills.
- Degree/HNC or relevant experience.
- Proficient in the use of CAD and 3D design software (e.g. AutoCAD, Revit, MicroStation and BIM)
- Chartered Engineer or working toward it.
- Holding of a professional qualification in security design
- Staff management and supervision experience
- SC or DV Security Clearance
- A good understanding of the application of Project Management techniques and contractual conditions
- An understanding of the Role of the Designer in the application of the CDM regulations
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can. Our Culture:
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here .
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.