Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow, and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Our Energy, Security & Technology business - are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. Work life balance and flexibility is a key business strategy focus for Jacobs therefore we are considering flexible working hours, patterns, and locations to suit you and our business requirements. About the opportunity:
We are looking to recruit high calibre staff to support our multi-discipline technical delivery capability to meet opportunities in the nuclear and defence industries. Our projects include developing solutions through all RIBA stages in highly regulated environments, incorporating industrial, process and laboratory functions with nuclear, security, and safety requirements. We require an experienced Architect, preferably with experience of working in the nuclear and/or defence industries, but also those with relevant industrial design experience looking to work in a technically challenging environment.
Key Responsibilities include:
Here's what you will need:
- Delivery of architectural design and assessment studies
- Delivery of technical documentation through all RIBA stages
- Delivery of project BIM requirements technical quality and excellence of your work and the work of those working under you
- Technical and professional guidance, support and development of junior architects, engineers and technicians
- Communication with clients and other design team members
- Project planning, delivery and financial performance
- Business development activities including preparation of proposals
- Adherence and contribution to business and quality management systems, operational and design safety, and developing good safety culture
- Broad experience in industrial and/or process architecture
- Good all-round technical design expertise to British and international regulations and standards
- Experience in the management of preparation of drawing and project deliverables
- Ability to lead design aspects of projects including managing quality, budget, programme and resources
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team, liaising closely with clients and other design team members
- ARB Registered
- Experience of nuclear and/or defence industrial architecture
- Proficient in use of Revit software
- Knowledge and experience of supporting projects through national and regional planning processes
- Experience of the condition assessment and modification of existing facilities
Due to the security requirements of the role, all staff are required to be UK Nationals and able and willing to obtain SC level security clearance, and therefore must have been resident in the UK for the preceding 5 years Why Jacobs?
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can. Our Culture:
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2